Drive reverse / backward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucian Lexon, May 29, 2022.

1. Lucian Lexon

Lucian Lexon Registered

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, apologies if here is the wrong location, for my question ( s )
    I'm new to sim racing, for now, I'm using a gamepad Xbox
    Tried many different combinations but I can't fix it
    How do I drive reverse / backward, when I hit a wall or something?
    Second question is : is there a way to modify some. json for a better graphics / visuals?
    I play on 4k display, RTX 3090, right now I have everything on highest, by the way, it looks absolutely awesome
    I've read somewhere, can't find the link, there is a trick to edit some . json file, for graphics.
    Thank you very much, in advance

2. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Go into configure controls and map a button to reverse. That should do the trick.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You shouldn't need to edit .json files for 'better graphics', bear in mind rF2 has been out since 2012 and you could come across tricks that worked (and were useful) at one point but are no longer valid. Generally speaking you should be fine to just use the in-game settings, especially if performance is ok.

On getting to reverse, I assume you have use shift up and shift down to change gear, can you shift into Neutral that way? If so, Reverse is just the next gear down. If you can't shift into Neutral you probably assigned the "Neutral" control to a key/button, and can probably get to Neutral by pressing 'shift up' and 'shift down' at the same time (by default it works that way), or if you un-assign the Neutral you should be able to just shift down through the gears and all the way to Neutral.

This can be sort of car dependent, but 99% have the standard forward - neutral - reverse gear setup.

*Driving aids/assists may interfere somewhat with this, I only know how it works with them all off

4. redapg

redapg Registered

To the Shifting: if you shift Gears manually, shift down until you are in Reverse Gear, if you have set it to Automatic, there is a Setting in "Gameplay", to set Auto-Reverse (explanated in the Menu).
    With Graphics, if everything is set to Full (above "high") and the Game runs without Stutters/Freezes.., what do you want to improve?
    Be happy, that it runs with everything set at Full. :)

Oops last one, i have to write quicker as it seems. :D

5. Lucian Lexon

Lucian Lexon Registered

Thanks a million, guys
    I'll try it.

6. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

With manual shifting...
    IIRC If you use both shift paddles at once (both at the same time), that should get you Into neutral gear, once there just use the down shift to get Into reverse.