Drift or JDM cars in the works? Touge, uphill tracks?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Adam7250, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Adam7250

Adam7250 Registered

Alright. I'll ask this question even tho some may think this isn't a true motorsport but are there any drift car mods in the works?
    Reason why i ask is because of the updated "physics" tire models etc would intensify the whole drift perspective that rf1 is lacking :D

With that being said what about some tracks like Akina, Akagi, HARUGAHARA, Nsuka etc? I know modders and track makers are still transferring over to rf2 and it's still early but was curious and had to be that guy ahha. What i am actually looking forward to is a redo the famous Transfargasan from rf1 with rF2 features would be mad! :eek: (hint hint)

As much as i love the 60's series and the formula two's i just have a nack for street/road cars it just gives me much pleasure to drive as it's not so complex as serious track cars in a way if you get what i mean as at this moment can't think of the words to put it ahha.

Feel free to add suggestions, comments and your thoughts on all this even if you are not one for any of these things :)

2. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

I saw some render and WIP pics of the Madbull RX7 and a R33 drifter. I can't find it atm, sorry.

I do hope, someone will create a Street version of the Silvia S15, my favorite car. I don't like those highly tuned drift machines.. I rather like a Streetcar which i can tune with some engine and body upgrades...

3. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Mianiak had one running in game a year ago:

But he never released it. I would love to have just that for testing driftign in RF2. Maybe, if we say "please" enough, mianiak would give us that thing to play :cool:
    EDIT: Ah, i found the original thread about that:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8671-Drifting-!

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

That was done with a very crude physics combination, basically using the rtrainer tires modified to fit the width and the Niels' supra physics. I was originally building the FD for rf1 when rf2 was released and I found by accident how well the rtrainer drifted, so I put the tires on this and it worked quite well, that video is simply a proof of concept. I'm not a physics person at all, the cars need to have their physics set up properly before they go any further. What we really need is someone who is able to set up these physics, we have people involved who have the knowledge in all other fields of the project, just not a physics person :D

Protrax, got your pm, on yt, I will keep you updated on any progress but at this stage I can't share it with anybody, but once we find someone to work on the physics I will definitely get you involved.

BTW on the subject of street cars, I also made a stock FD for the purpose of a street car mod, but same problem, no physics person :(
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

hmm...maybe you could ask LesiU from simracing.pl. I once talked with him about car-modding and he seems to have the exact opposite problem: He does cars physics but has problems to model them good. Maybe you guys could help each other out! He does some physics work for you, and you do some modeling for him. Ask him, he wants to bring some very interesting cars to RF2!

6. Adam7250

Adam7250 Registered

Looks very good! and did you say street car mod? :eek: i think i may have to keep eye out for that one. well i have a similar problem not about physics tho just about porting the car over to rF2. I know how to add cars in rf1 simple but rf2 and the new concept of the tires with the new genlines workflow and such is just a blur to me i was trying to port over my friend RASTA's s15 ( reaallly well done he had got some compliments saying it's as close to a real car you can get in rf and i shall say i agree with that statement) ProTrax would love it 100% low tune of maybe 350hp with a stock or light tuned sr20 engine and it still is enough to throw the car sideways at Ebisu or any other track.

i asked him permission to try and port it over to rf2 and he said go for it but I'm just stuck! at trying to get it in game ahha. all the work is done physics, tire.tbc etc but if there's other physics rf2 requires then ill just let him know unless it does not really require them as long as its in game well drivable in Dev mode i'll be happy and then look up how to edit and add more rf2 features tho I'm pretty sure his S15 has everything you need but im just not capable to have it show up in game sadly :/

Here are some screen :D

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/526392_492878970749013_1675046916_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/531510_492864497417127_1209826742_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/69644_10151287467106342_101577142_n.jpg

I also run a group on facebook to bring the drifting community together for rf1 and hopefully it will bring over to rf2 at some point :)

" JDMFactor @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/302630076480766/ " if interested

Thanks for the replies everybody seriously :)

Mianiak, I wish you the best with the FD! it looks quite well by those 2 screen!

7. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Adam you made a thread lol, you know the **** I got doing down homie.

@Mianiak - I hear Niels is doing a bit of rF2 work, hit him up see if he wants to help you out.

8. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

That looks absolutely as i imagined, Adam!
    I wish you good luck to convert that beauty to rF2 and already looking forward to it :eek:

Regards

9. Adam7250

Adam7250 Registered

LMAO yeah i know ADUBZ but i was just curious about others ahha and if there were to have a place where i know i can find info on and such bahha.

ProTrax, thanks imma need all the luck i can get figuring this new stuff out so far i only have the rfm and car name show up with all info plus the upgrades that it has but still fuzzy on the actuall car files and all that awesome fun stuff .-. bahha. Unless mr. ADUBZ wouldn't mind sharing some insight as to what or how the new stuff works ( tutorials via images or detailed text document or something) half the PDF's I've came across confused the crack outta me :/

10. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

JTBO started many interesting threads about car modding. Go to his profile http://isiforums.net/f/member.php/4495-jtbo and look in the "started threads" of him...you should find much interesting information in his threads (especially in the ones that start with "let's talk about..." ) and he will surely help you with many more questions.

11. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

I actually started to model a touge type track months ago.

I made the track with splines in Autocad 2d, then converted it to an full polyline.

I then imported the spline into 3dsmax and merged it with spline modifier going in the opposite direction and it actually worked !

An entire track layout created in about an hour.

The track was roughly 8 miles long, had a shedload of hairpins and nice sweeping bends but it has absolutely no elevation to it yet. no textures, no trees, etc

To be honest, i'm not even sure where i've put the track model, i reformatted my pc a while ago, so if i don't have a copy at work then i may have deleted it........if i remember correctly, i think i managed to apply realroad to the track surface and then got a bit stumped as to where to go from there.

I for one don't really like open wheel racing, so i'm all for more GT/street car/drift type mods

12. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Adam how would you like me to personally teach you? :)

13. Adam7250

Adam7250 Registered

Well Sir. ADUBZ maybe in a class room " How to mod rF2 " and maybe in 7 years ill turn pro.. but uhmm no clue D:

@4LOM sounds gnarly! upsetting that you may not have it no more but none the less it sounded like it would of been an awesome track! :)

14. Adam7250

Adam7250 Registered

Thanks! I shall go check that out!

15. Braandon Machado

Braandon Machado Registered

I hope someone figures it out because with rf2's new technology these touge roads could be even more awesome than rf1 i guess the hard part is trying to mod with this new technolgy seems really hard so im crossing my fingers in hope that will get some great street cars and p2p tracks oh and as soon as i get my g27 im prob going to buy a server just for touge run lienz and moutain forest anyhu good luck guy's