"Download Workshop Items" on each start of rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Patrick Craenmehr, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

Since a few days I have a problem when I startup rFactor 2. Each time I get a popup "Downloading Workshop Items" from the rFactor 2 Launcher and it says '2 items remaining'. But nothing is happening and Steam is showing no downloads. When I close the popup via the X, rFactor 2 is started. I already tried reinstalling rFactor 2, but that did not solve this issue. Btw, I have 117 subscribed items in the Steam Workshop.

2. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

One of them has been deleted, check wich one and delete subscription to it.

3. Patrick Craenmehr

How can I find out which one was deleted? Checking 117 items one by one is quite time consuming.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I know but I think you have to check them one by one, Steam workshop isn't really handy for such problems...
    When I had the same issue was the Celica Gto, there were 2 versions of it, one was deleted...maybe this can help.

5. Patrick Craenmehr

Yes, that Celica GTO was also in my subscribed items. I unsubscribed it and now it's saying only '1 item remaining'. I will keep searching for the 2nd one! Thanks!

6. Patrick Craenmehr

The 2nd one was 'SRVN IndyCar 2016-I'. I unsubscribed and now the message is gone. Problem solved!

DaVeX likes this.
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I have different problem. After running rf2, first steam downloads some content, then I got window that says Downloading Workshop Items, but nothing happens. I can close it and it looks like it's downloaded but I'm not sure.