Download custom skin fail / bug

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ProTraX, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Seems like i have a problem with the "Download custom skin".
    I use my custom skin on a server where the feature is enabled. Its also enabled on my end.
    Well, problem is: I see custom skins from other persons correctly, but they can't see mine or they see a wrong skin.
    They see either a standard skin or a custom skin that was automatically downloaded from another person....

I tried it with a friend of mine 2 times. First time he was on the server and i joined with a custom skin, he only saw the viper head standard design. Then he rejoined and now he was able to see the correct custom skin. Second time when we tried, i was on a server with a different custom skin again, and he rejoined again. This time it didn't work and the Viper head design again.

Does anyone have an idea? Because i have absolutely no idea.....

2. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Seems like there is no download available for my skin.
    I cant see the green square next to my name.
    Or is that normal`?

View attachment 6233

3. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

There will be no green square next to your name if you didn't upload your skin this session. If you have a custom skin and it didn't upload, then the server "thinks" it already had your skin, so it never asked for a send. As for why it thinks that...it's usually because there is already a skin on the server named what it would want to rename your skin after you upload it. This can happen if you upload a skin, then modify that skin but retain it's name, then try to rejoin the server. It can also happen that the "unique" name the server comes up with for uploaded file already matches a skin another user has uploaded.

I'd try renaming the skin and trying again.

4. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Thanks for the info.
    Unfortunately i didn't edit any of my existing skins. I'll try and rename them anyways. Thanks :)