Double Shift Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Alexandre Doro, Nov 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Alexandre Doro

Alexandre Doro Registered

I am having double shift issues in RF2 that I can only completely solve with 200ms in Repeat Shift settings (which is very slow and hurt fast downshifts).

I am guessing it could be EMI or Hardware related, but strangely, I do not have the same issue in other Sims, with 50ms and 80ms.

Any ideas what could be the root cause/solution?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Having searched and read some old threads on this, I would say for most a setting of 200ms overcomes dodgy buttons and doesn't affect their driving.

But, if half or less works on other games for you, there shouldn't be any reason for rF2 to be different.

Starting with fresh config files helped with some people a long time ago (player.json, controller.json) but unfortunately nothing specific identified as the cause. Assuming it's not just a variable hardware issue, I'd suspect faulty player values (including aids), or some controller issues (which could include some interference from other USB devices).

So although you'll need to reconfigure your settings, renaming or moving player.json and controller.json in your UserData\player folder (with rF2 closed) and running the game again would be worth trying. You can always copy your original files back over if it doesn't help.

Also if you haven't already try the other Repeat Shifts settings and be wary of the final option (5 in the file; not sure what it says in game) as that usually doesn't help with this issue.

3. Alexandre Doro

Tried renaming controller and player.json but with no success. Everything indicates EMI or hardware issue. What I dont understand is why it never happened in Iracing (which has 80ms default rebounce) or AC for example that I am using 50ms. In RF2, 200ms would be fine for me if I didnt race F1 cars :/ I am currently using 150ms but issue still happens sometimes, for upshiftting

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I realise this is a silly question but it's best to rule it out now than to discover in 3 weeks: you definitely don't have any driving aids like auto shifting enabled? And the car doesn't have auto shifting onboard?

5. Alexandre Doro

Hello, no aids (besides auto clutch) and of course, no auto shifting onboard. Yesterday it happened even with 200ms enable so its something very strange.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try changing your USB ports, if you have an un-powered hub, then try a powered USB hub. Just shots in the dark though.....as usual.