Don't push your system to hard !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

I7 2600 @ 5ghz
    2x gtx 580's 3gb versions @ 940mhz
    16gb ram
    Gigabyte ud7 mobo

All watercooled

I have fairly high end hardware, however I do run tripple screen in nvidia 3d also

I had settings set to a decently high level without many fps problems (some at brianza) & was very happy with fps performance & the effects/look of the sim (at an unfinished beta stage),

Recently I have turned down a few settings, well below the level at which the fps starts to crack, the reason being that the sim deal alot nicer & alot looser & lag free, as a test I reduced my resolution from 4450x900 down to a stupid level of 2400x800 which made the whole sim feel diferent, although this visually was horrible.

Now I'm back at 4450x900 , I've turned down texture level to min (this helped alot) I like player & opponents at max, HDR on track level to Med, AA to multisample, AA set to off ( with 3d vision this is fine ).

Rf2 feels a whole lot better now with these lower settings, fps is more solid, these settings are WELL within the point in which fps starts to suffer.

Try it as a test ( use the quick test method by reducing the res down to a low level 1st )

I actually quite like the look of the sim with more simple environment textures but nice high detail cars

Be interested if anyone else found same results ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I can't even play if fps drops even a bit, it makes me spin or crash, so I cap fps to 60 and adjust settings so that it never drops under 60 and I rarely am even close to spinning.

Even if I had minimum of 60fps and upt to 230fps which I have seen sometimes with my system, it still is not the same.

If I would have really fast system, I would cap fps to 120 and it should never go below that, then it should be even better.

Same with any other sim really, when I found how much better it is to have same fps all the time I just can't go back to variably fps. it is so much better.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice rig Adrianstealth...

Glad Fr2 feels better but how does rf2 feel?

lol... :D

Sorry... couldn`t resist. :)