Doing a "dirty" conversion; mas problems.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

As I just want to drive a car that was in rF1 and not available for rF2, I want to do a conversion for myself.
    I don't care much about how the car looks; it just drives great and I want to "copy" some things to an similar mod existing for rF2.

I know, I know; not how it should be, but as it is for myself and just a hobby to see what I can do; I try it.

The problem now is: in the rF1 files, there are some mas files too but those, I can't open. I really want that, but the mas2 thing I normally use, doesn't do the trick.

Any suggestions guys?

2. dandar

dandar Registered

rf1 uses mas.exe tool for packaging, rf2 comes with mas2 for the same pourpose, you need to use the proper mas tool for every version.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, that sound logical! :)

But.......in rF2, the tool is in there, I looked in rF1; it's not! So I didn't know about another program; I look for it, thanks!

4. MJP

MJP Registered

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And that too sounds logical :)

Thanks mate!!

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Here I am again guys, sorry ;)

I found the program, used 3DSimED and converted all the gmt files. Forgot some and got a notice of that during loading of the track.
    Now it's okay; it loads, I see the car in the little box in the right upper corner, I see others drive (looks okay) and can click on them, look with them, maximize the screen and all is still fine.

However; when I click "race", the sim throws me to desktop, not saying what is wrong........the sim closes at that point.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Or where should I look to find out what is wrong?

I just made the car mod, no talent or sound file present at this time, but I guess than there is just no sound and AI acting not according to the file, but I should be able to drive, right?

It must be a n00b error, but as a n00b, I have no clue whatsoever.
    Any help would be appreciated!!

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ow YEAH! :) Got it working!!

I now have the BEST mod ever made running in rF2; the Champcar of 2003!

Did a lot of reading and found several things, but the one that helped out, was the one saying the physics files were different (I knew that, dumb-as) but I didn't know how to name the tgm file. So; I just took a similar open wheeler, took the tgm out and called it just like the tcb file; it worked :)

It's not very nice; the car is a bit bright but not very noticeable and in the showroom, it's completely white, but I don't care for that.

This is awesome; I'm learning quite a lot this way, getting deeper and deeper into this stuff. Maybe some day, I can make a mod of my own.........

Thanks for all the help!!