Does rfactor2 steam version save manually added mods to my steam account?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jlr824900, Jan 4, 2016.

1. jlr824900

jlr824900 Registered

I am fairly new to rfactor2 but have been playing it a couple of weeks. I understand how to use the Steam workshop to add mods and I know how to add mods manually by adding them to the packages folder and installing them with the content manager. My only question is does the manually added mods save to my Steam account when they are installed just like the subscribed mods would be? What I am wanting to know is if I add a bunch of manually mods to rfactor2 on one computer and then install rfactor2 through steam on another computer, will those manual mods pull down from Steam or would I need the package files again to reinstall them on the new computer? I have been looking for the answer to this but I can't seem to find it and I don't have another computer to test this out with. An answer to this question would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

I would say that only the in the Workshop available and subscribed mods will be added automatically if you let Steam do a fresh install.
    And of course all ISI mods that are predefined to be installed when you make a fresh Steam Installation.

Steam won't care for your manually installed mods, it would be a big surprise if they would do.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Nope, mods are way too big in file size to be synced between computers. Steam cloud sync is basically for synching settings and stuff like that.

4. jlr824900

jlr824900 Registered

That is what I thought. Thank you for your answer.