Does anyone else have a feeling...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just wondering...Does anyone else have a feeling that the next update is going to be a pretty big one?

Wether it's in terms of features, content, engine core upgrades, physics, graphics, or a bit of everything, I just have this feeling that the next update is going to be a real good one.

Also, I have a feeling we will have it by the end of this week, or by the end of next week at the latest.

Does anyone else have this gut feeling or is it just me?

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I also had a gut feeling I was going to win the super lottery yesterday, but didn't guess one single number...

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I feel it a little more now I`ve read some more of what Tim`s been saying recently but I certainly hope your right Spinelli. :)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What has he been saying?

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No feeling here, just hoping we get more circuits. One can never have enough race tracks. :D

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Content and updates are independently produced and released, unless we are lucky and we can do both at the same time. :)

The next update looks good to me so far from what I have seen of the internal ones. But I wouldn't expect a release this week at all.

There is a new track in the works, one of my personal favorites. This is actually one of the times I find myself running laps in our SVN dev build, with the track, rather than the internal updates for testing. Fun track in all types of cars.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

This ^^ ;)

And...

This... from post #190

:cool:

Although by the sounds of things there`ll be no update this week... :(

It`ll come though...

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Maybe update to modding information is coming :p

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This might sound nerdy but I get get much more excited about updates/upgrades/additions to the core game engine itself, like for example the updated motor engine stuff that came with the clio and f2, core tyre model updates and overall physics engine updates, sound/graphics engine stuff, etc etc, basically anything that enhances the underlying engine of the software itself, rather than new cars and tracks which are basically just new mods and don't enhance the software technically in any way.

Part of the reason I say this is because cars and tracks can come from ISI or modders, and we know there are tons of modders and going to be many unbelievably awesome cars and tracks, on top of this ISI have also stepped up their game with regards to stock content.

BUT, only ISI can update the core engine of the game software itself. Modders (generally speaking) only edit tons of numbers, variables and files that have been already implemented by ISI.

Basically, the modders' cars/tracks/sounds/graphics etc etc can only be as good as the game's engine can handle.

That's why I value the updates to the game engine itself more than a new car or track, because the better technically rFactor 2's software engine is, the better/more potential any car or track can be/will have.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I want an update to the community. I'm waiting for Tim to announce that people have finally realized how great the f1 mod is and that he is sorry for the delay in this development. Oh yeah..... And the g27 fix for crying out loud. I can't race snetterton without getting RSI.

11. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Oh yeah a couple of new Tracks, Car, Logitech G27 Wheel fix! sweet! (yeah, may not happen but hoping)

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you look at the individual models released in rF compared to rf2 we are quickly sneaking up.

We already brought it so rF2 does not need to sell me. :)

Besides most of us commited to rF2 after only trying the limited beta online with bugs n all. :)

I interested in 1960s mods like GPL community produce and V8 Supercars.

The less they spend on licence more can go on other areas.

I have no doubt in my mind :p lol that rF2 is going to be " the modders sim " for the next, how many years

So I am not too worried what or how much more is released before Gold. :)

13. coops

coops Banned

v8 supercars there's a license some1 should go after. there's not 1 sim or game out there that was like v8 supercars 3 that had all tracks and all cars, now there spread all over the place. its hard to believe when they say it is the best touring car series in the world. with COTF next year its only going to get bigger and better.

now get that license Tim..that nobody else seems to have v8 supercars all tracks all cars...

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'd be happy if Tim were to license just the Nissan V8SC. The community would be able to do the rest. ;)

15. 88mphTim

I was thinking about that while watching Bathurst. But unfortunately Nissan have an agency (outside company, who run off money) handling licensing now. Unlikely. :(

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mercedes V8Supercar? They're entering next year.

17. 88mphTim

Really? Interesting. Didn't know about that. Any recommended link for me to read up on what model, etc, I should be asking for?

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

announced mid sept:

News item:
    "Stone Brothers Racing will merge with Erebus Motorsport to run three AMG E Class V8 Supercars in the Championship from 2013."
    http://www.v8dailydump.com.au/news/featureArticle.tt2?NEWSITEMID=11201

Erebus Main article:
    http://www.erebusracing.com/news/erebus-motorsport-on-the-v8-supercar-grid-in-2013/

http://www.erebusracing.com/

http://stonebrothersracing.com.au/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  19. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I'm with you on the F1 car, it's a blast to drive, great around Croft and Mid Ohio. You need to get yourself a Fanatec, problem solved : )

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I will buy when g27 breaks but Still can't get a straight answer on which one to buy? Wide range of prices and some say that not all wheels are good. Would be great to get a Fanatec/TS500, etc. buying guide sticky. For example, if u have this much money buy x, pr this much money buy y but if you don't have at least $z then wait and save up.