Does anybody run nVidia Surround?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bart S, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Hi, if you run nVidia Surround please can you give me an idea of the performance you are achieving?
    For eg. GTX 590 or 580sli's All Max rF2 settings, full AA resolution 5960x1080 format please with Max fps and Min fps

2. mikemav

mikemav Registered

I am running in nVidia 3D Vision Surround (in 3D) using three Optoma GT720 projectors each running 1280x720 (so overall 3840x720.) Until the recent update in rF2 it wasn't playable, now it's MUCH better. I couldn't run triple screens or 3D until this current build. Now I get 45-60 fps triple screen in 3D. I run dual SLI GTX580s overclocked, on a Core i7 920 (2.7 overclocked to 3.5)
    EDIT- oh, I run this w/ level 3 AA in the rf2 settings, I believe everything else is maxed out. No need to run more AA in my opinion w/ 3D as it smooths everything else out anyway...

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I'm running Nvida surround on 3 23" LG LED widescreens with (2) GTX 470's overclocked to 800

in rF Config
    5760x1080
    FXAA on
    HDR off
    Sync GPU
    AA Level 8

in game settings
    I have everything on Full, anisotropic on 2X
    shadows on medium
    all reflections on
    blur off
    hdr off

getting between 55 and 110 fps depending on track and area of track.

this is only in online play, I don't do AI offline.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  4. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Mike and Kristoff are doing better than me, I'm getting between 60 and 100 fps on the track on my own with max settings 6020x1080 and AA off but with a grid of 16 cars it crawls at around 15 fps at the start of a race.

Hopefully when ISI actually optimise the graphics and Nvidia release an SLI profile things will improve ...

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

From what you guys tell me I'm not so sure I want to go nVidia route now either, it was an option I was considering and leaving behind my aging 5870 Eyefinity and going for nVidia Surround due to the claims of many nVidia users here. However I gather that most claims are now based on nVidia and rFactor2 in single screen. To be honest I think if I went single screen I could match nVidia performance or come close. For example I now run 5960x1080 which is a massive resolution my graphics are crystal clear with all things on max and my framerate is between 35-40 to 70-80 fps at spa with a grid of 16 cars, I also run medium shadows, medium effects. Only things off are shadow blur crowd motion, enviro reflections, no HDR. I have just swithched to AAx4 and AFx2 in my catalyst Control Center and things run alot better than using rFactors AA and AF. BTW my single card 5870 is OC @ gpu 986mhz and memory 4960mhz. My next test will be performance in single screen for comparison against nVidia however my 5870 is only a comparison against the following nVidia cards GTX 470, GTX 560 Ti, GTX 560 Ti.

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Bart, if you're thinking about upgrading specifically for rFactor 2 then I'd wait until its out of beta and we know how gpu's are performing then. My nvidia surround works great for all my other games so there's no reason why it won't with rf2 in the long run, but it sounds like you're getting adequate performance from your setup for now anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  7. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

2 2gb 460s in sli here, 5995x1080. Everything maxed except for shadows(low) and hdr(off). Getting 60-80fps

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Which track? How many AI? It amazes me that you're getting frames like that i'm struggling with SLI 580s!

In RF1 I get 140 to 180fps with everything maxed but can't get RF2 to run properly in triple screen for the life of me :(

9. Alric

Alric Registered

I run Nvidia Surround too. Fantastic experience, but compared to rfactor 1 it needs a lot of work as there is far too much stuttering and frame rate drops. I know the graphics are much better in rf2 but it's more than that, kind of like it needs better SLI support (if at all) and some code tweaks for the stuttering. Once you run 3 screens though there's no going back! You never need to press look left or right again :)

10. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Malaysia in the F1 2012, with the default number of AI(9 I think). My 460s are underclocked too btw. Your rF1 FPS look in line with mine. I'll try out another track if you'd like

11. Spyder

Spyder Registered

I've tried your settings on Mills just driving around on my own and I get around 65fps, will try with AI later. I know with 16 AI around Mills just on a single screen I get between 60-80fps and 120 when on my own. The thing is on a single screen SLI gives me no boost whatsoever... Need a proper profile from nvidia.

12. exiled

exiled Registered

I recently got NV Surround 2 weeks ago i use 2x EVGA 560ti superclocked running on 3x 22" samsung monitors @ 5760x1080 just done a test as came across this thread ill supply some pics evga precision is at middle top showing stats with fps / usage etc..

I chose the malaysia track in the new Nissan GTR open practice with ai the practice session had 20 ai set ill include shots of graphic settings too which i beleive are mainly all high 16xAF and 2xAA set in game config.

Ingame: FPS on this shot is 76.9 as shown by EVGA Precision in green text at top.
    [​IMG]

Ingame with HDR enabled FPS 66.0
    [​IMG]

Ingame Graphics Options:
    [​IMG]

Game Launcher Config Settings:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012