Do 313

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jtbo, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

We always are so serious about realism and stuff, how about something fun, liked all around the world and something that is not too serious?
    http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/cars/313.html
    http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/cars/313plan.jpg

I think that I might be able to toss tires and some physics in with some flexible timetable, is anyone able to make pieces for graphics?

There is actually real clone too:
    http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=no/DMOB++1

Also duckworld has many different kinds of vehicles if sometimes somebody likes to do more of them:
    http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=W+US+++22-01

There is great potential to have hugely popular fun racing mod with such, but is there interest for lighter side that might offer few laughs?

2. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

LoL :D
    GREAT Idea :D

3. Novis

Novis Registered

LOL. The guy who will do the suspension settings need to pay attention to the camber angle!

[​IMG]

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Something similar has been made for rF1:

The 313 is actually loosely based on this American Bantam car as far as I know:

[​IMG]

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

This year car has it's 75th birthday, would be really nice way to celebrate this by having it in rF2, any 3d modellers willing to work with this? :)

6. anthing

anthing Registered

Few hours of work for talented modeller :D

7. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Would be great! :D

8. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

With proper physics a 313 never will finish a race ... Gladstone Gander did not own a car? :)

9. Revan

Revan Registered

+1 Great Idea

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

What strikes as most distrurbing problem that in your opinion would cause this?

I'm sure there are some liberties that must be taken as cartoon car dimensions etc are perhaps not quite best for a car, tires alone being rather exotic :p

11. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I dont know in your country ... but Donald Duck character is acknowledged in Italy because his bad luck and his car plate is indeed a reversed 13 (31) + a "capped" 13 .... 313.

Gladstone Gander, on the contrary, is the luckiest character in Duckburg.

LOL ... when you have to explain the meaning of your humor is a sign it is not that good. :)

12. jtbo

jtbo Registered

No, I think it was brilliant, only thing that was not so brilliant was my thinking before, you are absolutely right there that it would not finish a race because that 'luck' :D

Ah, never knew that Gladstone Glander was Hannu Hanhi (finnish name for that character) in english, now that I think about he has often car, but usually it was something he just recently won or then some small 2 seater convertible.

Every day you learn new thing :)

If someone would make even a Duckburg city as a track, then we could have Donald's home address to have number 13 in it too, at least in here it would be something that would translate directly as paradise street 13.
    However making city track is enormous task for even a whole community, someone could do building, another another building, someone might build fences, someone post boxes and street lamps, then someone could put it together, but still it would be big task, results however would be really nice.

First stage even with car would be solid plans of dimensions etc, so far I haven't found blueprints, so those would need to be made, not big task necessarily for someone with skills. Even car could be done then so that someone does headlights, someone does tires, etc. It might be interesting test about how to share workload in model making and might provide information about process needed to create that would make models work better together.

I think that especially with track projects learning that kind of working model might make it easier to put up quality of tracks etc. This kind of car and maybe Duckburg I think could be quite nice testbed for such idea as there is bit more freedom than with those projects that are made from real world objects.

Another thing that it would give is for modellers it would give experience from projects that have more than one person working on same 'scene' and that is something that can be useful if one ends up working on modelling industry, of course small amount, but any bit is better than no bit :)