Display gamewheel not working.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I converted a GP3 mod for private use. The display was not working in it and that was correct; it didnt according to the maker.
    In order to get something working, I put in a GP2 wheel as it looked like the GP3 one.

So, I have put over the line in the .gen, upgrades and cockpitinfo.ini.
    I also looked at the .dds files and so on; they are all put over in the GP3 folder.
    I put over the .gmt of the wheel of course too ;)

Now the problem; the gear indicators and...well....all other things besides the rpm lights are not working.......
    In the GP2 mod, they do.
    When I let the GP2 mod drive beside the GP3 cars, they all work except for mine. But the GP3 AI do have those indicators working.
    When the GP2 is not in there together with the 3, the AI don't have the indicators working.

So I thought it must be an issue with a file missing or something; I put over ALL the .tga, dds and so on from the 2 to the 3 folder; still not working.
    I put over the complete cockpitinfo file; nope.
    There is no line in the .gen about motec or something like that. There is also no file I wonder about if it has to do with the display.

Sowwww......I'm running out of ideas here and I was hoping someone could shine a light on this? Any ideas/suggestions?
    All is welcome, thanks in advance!

2. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Not sure, but could it be that there is a seperate "motec.gmt" file, which controls the display? Or if the mesh for the motec is part of the wheel.gmt file, maybe the pivot point got lost in a way, so the display is inside the wheel, that you dont see it. Just guessing... [emoji4]

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for responding Heikki21.

I looked for a motec or motec like gmt again, but can't find any.
    The mesh for the motec in the wheel gmt; I have no idea how I should see that? When I look into materials, they are all .dds or .tga.
    I have to dive in that one a bit deeper.

I did alter the position of the wheel.gmt however; it was near the feet so I moved the wheel. I didn't have to alter the pivot point (luckily).

But, when the display is still at another place; would it work on other cars then? Because they do (when the GP2 is loaded too).
    Just throwing it out there; I have little to no experience with this stuff.