Disappointed from rf2

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by theoldguy24765, Jun 3, 2012.

1. theoldguy24765

theoldguy24765 Registered

No more Disappointed from rf2

My System :
    ------------------------------------------
    AMD 1100T Overclocked to 6 * 4.0 Ghz
    Watercooled
    6 GB OCZ 7-7-7-20 Ram
    Ati 6870 DirectCu with 1GB Dram
    Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------

I try to drive a Singleplayer Race at Malaysia... here are my experiences with the Nissan 370Z and the Track and rf2 :

1. The Track
    ------------
    Some Corners have Bumps that might be extrem to heavy. After the Race start many of the AI-Drivers gone head over heals at this Bumps. At Practicing the get 2:08:5 on a green Track? Not Possible. The Idealline is to small the Grip lost after the Line is to heavy, it gives you the feeling there`s no gravity beside the Track.

2. The Car ( Nissan 370Z )
    -------------------------

The Change of the Backwing of only 1 degree makes the car undriveable, that`s not possible. The same is with Bumpers and Tyrepressure and and and... i try the hole weekend to assemble a working setup, i got one, 2:08:4 but if you change one single part, nothing works more.

3. The Game
    ------------

I tryed to drive a singleplayer Race against AI-Driver ( Agression 45 / Strenght 100% ), Display settings full.
    I tryed with 9 AI and with 12 AI-Drivers and with visibility of 6 AI-Drivers. On a 4 Mile long Track is it realy empty to drive, but the Game is Stottering, pausing and not realy Streaming.
    The problem with the limited AI-Drivers is they pop up direct in front of you and hitting your car.
    Normaly you drive in this Group of this Cars with more then 20 Cars, so there is no feeling of a real Race in this Group with this bad way.
    There is no Improvement with the last Updates! Ok it`s a Beta but when comes the first real step up to a RC?
    New Cars, ok! New Track, ok.
    But the first thing must be to raise up the Performance on good Computer systems, without Stottering pictures and a lot more of possible AI-Drivers and not a 4 Driver Race.

!!! Correction !!!
    46 Frames at a resolution of 1680*1050. The reason was an error during installation... After a new installation and a cleaning up of Prefetch and some Systemtweaks the Game`s Running near by perfect....

So there is a lot to do and i hope you will get it done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  2. MJP

MJP Registered

You don't mention how much AA you're using or what resolution you play at. Even so you're going to need a card with more grunt (and vram) than the 6870 to run "Display settings full".

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I have a lowly Q6600 running at 2.4ghrtz, 460gtx, I don't have stuttering. Although I have never tried more than 20 cars.
    Most settings on high. some on medium.
    Only cars I have seen going head over heels are on the Monaco at the bridge by the river

4. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

There does seem to be some variable performance between cars and track combos. You could try the historics at Spa for comparison. Meganes at Mid Ohio seem to run really well and look good on my system using three screens. Post some settings and we can see if we can help.

5. theoldguy24765

theoldguy24765 Registered

I tryed today with 20 AI-Drivers, most Settings up to High or Full... and i have 46 Frames/sec...thats fine for me...

One of the Problems was the L2-Cache of the CPU. Windows set it to the Standard at 256KB for all 6 Cores... i correct it to the right value and it looks much better... also cleaning the Prefetch and set the DisablePagingExecutive to Disable and the activate the LargeSystemCache... this give my Computer a big Improvement to the Frames.