Disable DRS on circuits without DRS zones

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by edu2703, Nov 19, 2020.

1. edu2703

edu2703 Registered

Something I noticed in rFactor 2 is that on circuits where there are no DRS zones, cars with DRS can open it anywhere on the circuit and at any time, even if it is more than a second behind the car in front.

This ends up being annoying when you are racing against the AI on these circuits, because they open the DRS on every straight and I have to do the same to reach them, having to deactivate the DRS many times manually in some corners. It basically makes any race with cars with DRS on these circuits unfeasible.

I would suggest a solution to this. Maybe disable DRS on the entire circuit when there are no DRS zones (This is how it works on Automobilista), or maybe some setting to manual disable DRS if we want.

coltair and Hazi like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

can we have a mod for the formula pro and BMW Classe 1 to remove DRS in the customization dor us and the ai plz, i can donate.
    And another mod to remove push to pass for BTCC 22

3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I absolutely detest DRS in rF2 and real life. It was only introduced to try and make crap modern F1 more interesting, I think it kills real racing. If a driver has worked hard to get a head he is then penalised if the driver behind gets with in one second, that's not racing. I say lets have the option not to use DRS for all tracks and cars. I hardly ever drive a car which has DRS and always opt for the non DRS version of the track.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

P2P HAS already been removed and replaced by a Hybrid system. If you want to race non-P2p or non Hybrid BTCC cars, then choose 2021. Neither of those options are available for the 2021 carset.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

same, I never use the crappy push to pass or DRS, I only pure drive.
    The issue is with AI, we need more options