Disable car mirrors but keep virtual mirrors on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaBo974, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Hi, as in the title, is it possible? It should enhance the framerate.

Thanks.

2. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

It would be possible for modders, should be easy I think. But you have to edit mods for this and it doesn't really enhance your framerate :D

3. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

What I'm asking for is an option in the menu, like it is in Race07 where if you enable virtual mirrors, the car mirrors are not working. Also, if you enable virtual mirrors means that you are going to watch them instead of the car ones so there is no needs to display latter. I'm also sure there should be an improvement in framerate, as you know mirrors are a framerate killers. This should help everyone which meets only minimum requirements.

4. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

I'd like to see a virtual mirror in the historical cars, and agree that it would help performance, and more importantly, situational awareness. On car mirrors have always been a frame rate killer.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Sorry for bumping such an ancient thread but I'd love to have the ability to disable the incar mirrors as a option. Maybe this could get moved to the wish list forum. :)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If its for performance alone, I don't think it will matter much. there is a thread somewhere about this subject and the dev's or Tim said as soon as you activate a (any) mirror it will start to render the 3D world and influence fps. no matter if you use 1 or 6 mirrors, same effect.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ah o.k. Thanks.