DIRT Racing

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by AJ Miller, Apr 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. AJ Miller

AJ Miller Registered

Does anybody have the links or websites to any dirt car mods such as latemodels sprintcars modifieds or northeast big block modified? Also does anybody have the links to dirt ovals?

2. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

American Dirt Racing isn't simulated in this game. iRacing is the place to go for that.

If you are asking for Rallying then there is a WRC14 mod you can find here: http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3522.0 and I can point you to some Stages and Rallycross tracks. But development on that domain has also stopped in rFactor 2 after Dirt Rally from Codemasters was proven to be a SOLID title for simulating Rally Racing. Dirt Rally 2.0 is out now as well.

So if you are looking for non-tarmac racing rFactor 2 is not really your platform.

atomed likes this.
  3. TTM

TTM Registered

Yes, sadly proper loose surface support isn't in the game. It wasn't on rFactor but there was mods. rF2 is based on it, so there is always possibility. There is also Lost Valley track in the game, so i don't see problem to make dirt tracks. We only need a good tyre model.

...This is only my opinion and if somebody has more info about dirt tracks etc and if there is possibility to do them on proper way, please tell..

4. AJ Miller

AJ Miller Registered

I have seen dirt late models in game but can’t seem to find them on any modding sites. I have downloaded a bunch of dirt ovals and they all work great just looking for more track and need a dirt car to run on them.

5. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Murray and atomed like this.
  6. AJ Miller

AJ Miller Registered

Yes but I downloaded it and it wouldn’t work kept crashing the game out. Has anybody else experienced that problem? Is there a way to fix it?

7. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Ahhh then may be the mod that hasn't updated for so long. I wouldn't try to make it work AJ. Just hop over to iRacing if Dirt ovals is your cup of tea..

8. AJ Miller

AJ Miller Registered

Yea I have I racing I was just hoping to get it in this game too

9. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Ah then you are better off there. I know rFactor physics are THE BEST in the market, but the content for dirt here has been almost completely phased out.

From what I hear though the dirt surface modeling in iRacing is the best among all disciplines of the "sim".

10. AJ Miller

AJ Miller Registered

Yea I think rfactors physics with Iracings surfaces would be the best ever. The only thing is I’m a northeast dirt modified racer and love Big Blocks and would like to sim race big blocks. I have them on Rfactor 1 but i was hoping rfactor 2 would come out with something for us Northeast guys

11. gangstorm

gangstorm Registered

Sorry man... As of now Dirt Oval is only in iRacing :(