Direct player chat window?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by bmw530, Jul 10, 2013.

1. bmw530

bmw530 Registered

Hey there,
    after a online race where the chat-overlay where constant visible over my cockpit view because of many people saying
    "hello, bye or sorry" all the time, i got this idea of a seperat chat window where we could chat direct to the one player we want and it would not show up in race, just stay in that one (small) chat window in the race-info screen instead, and the player who got the message will be able too read the message when he leaves track (as in parking in garage)
    sorry my bad english, but can anyone understand what i mean?
    What i mean is: must every player currently on a server see all messages all the time when in car racing? or would it be better to have a option to have a direct (or public) chat window that not`s showing on screen for those in-car?
    Maybe the player would just hear a small sound or see a small icon on screen when he receives a private message..
    Just an idea i got this morning ;)
    Greetings from Oslo
    ACE

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

This can be done with the command /w
    w=whisper

so I type /w bmw530 hello mate, and you see it privately and you can do the same to respond to me.
    my next whisper only needs /w bmw because by now the server knows whats what. (usually done with first name/last name)

But, its a pain, especially for admins whom chat privately with multiple people on a race night.
    A button would be helpful, just like sharing setups, you click on a name in the list, press chat, and type, and it gets delivered privately. would be very useful.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No they don't.

I don't use message window in a race, turn it off ?

?

4. bmw530

bmw530 Registered

If you would kindly explain to me how i could do that i sure will? :confused:

GRAB_004.JPG

5. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

6. bmw530

bmw530 Registered

Thanks Lab, i feel stupid now, never noticed it for all this time :confused:
    Was it there in RF too?
    but then the "private message" idea of mine would still be useful..?
    (beeing able to send a message too just one person, and that person get`s noticed by a sound or small icon, and can read it later)