different rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by les, Jan 20, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

now that the beta is out i have a few questions like different rules for mods ( NASCAR ) i know rf1 had alot of problems with the rules. im a big Nascar fan and i am looking forward to nascar type mods.

so can anyone give some info on this

2. toebee

toebee Registered

+1 I would like to see some new rules implemented as well.

I see nothing about new rules in the rfm's I got open :(

3. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

+2 I have been asking this question for a very long time. I have even sent personal emails to ISI discussing NASCAR rules and what they were so they could implement them. I believe if those rules were in place it would attrack another large Demograph to rFactor that did not stick around due to the lack of those rules.

4. les

les Registered

i know of at least 20 guys that would like to do the oval tracks and nascar rules rfactor 1 some people tried to modify the rules as best as rfactor would let them but that caused alot of headaches arca went and got a lic and had it fixed but arca failed big time (Imho) but at least they got the rules fixed to where the sim would work right

5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Arca got them fixed somewhat.
    We actually do all the rules with live admin. It would be very nice to have the game handle them properly though.
    Even the ability to add custom rules would be a nice addition.

6. les

les Registered

yes it would

7. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

21 ;)

Arca for me got killed by three things...

-Lack of tracks and no ability to add
    -no ability to use the rules to add any additional mods
    -Even though I deemed the AI in RF1 horrid when oval racing, they took them out completely.

8. les

les Registered

well arca for me they lied to all of use the kept saying tracks are coming and then nothing there attitude toward people who bought the game too i will never buy from them again

9. les

les Registered

this is why i hope rfactor 2 will have the right tools in place to create the nascar rules and have them work right, this is the reason i bought rfactor 2 i was hoping for different types of racing elements and not just road racing(i am not at all a road racer) i stink at it lol

10. R_Shook

R_Shook Registered

I also hope we get nascar type rules added to rf2 or at least the ability to add them. That alone would sale many copies of rf2, I would think.
    It would be nice to hear something from isi on this :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  11. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Totally NOT interested in circles, but if the rules could be implemented properly I am sure quite a few that think this way might/would have a good go at it. I probably would.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I like oval racing, but the guys are focussing on getting the technologies in-place and refined which they'll use for them.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It was their first release and they had no clue how to respond to the 13 year olds who were pissed off and who wanted weekly updates just like in this forum. Yes their customer service is unprofessional as well. I will say though that zip and coulter have learned alot since then. They have a deal with hoosier and get alot of information from them. They also have a deal with an actual ARCA team where they also get alot of information from. Coulter I "think" has worked with NASCAR teams in the past. TSF knows their stuff they just have no clue how to deal with the children who bought their software and that is what made them look bad. They also promised way too much content for two guys as a dev team.

ASR 2 will be another underrated sim and it's too bad. Coulter is a physics guru and zip does the best netcode out there.

Personally I don't touch the crap NASCAR mods that are done for rFactor. Heck there was one modder in this forum that thinks front toe settings on a oval car is asymmetric. lulz.