Different duration and start times for practice and qualifying sessions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jorgen, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

I just noticed that you can configure up to four qualifying sessions now, yay! However, it seems as if the option to have different durations and start times for the practice sessions isn't there anymore, like it was in rFactor1. I dabbled with adding Practice2StartingTime etc. to the player file, but they were ignored and removed. Also, there is only one QualifyingStartingTime parameter. Is it somehow possible to set up varying durations and start times for practice and qualifying? If it is, how is it done?

If this is not possible, then how would you emulate an F1 qualifying in rFactor2? Bringing down the server and changing qualifying duration is clearly not an option for leagues, so I hope it's possible through some sort of configuration. We were using FP2 through FP4 for qualifying in our rFactor1 F1 league, where those sessions were set to 20, 15 and 10 minutes. Right now however, it seems as if this option is gone too...

Any ideas?

2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Sorry, I just discovered that FP1 through FP4 start and duration works like before, configurable in the mod .rFm file or in the track .gdb file. I'm still interested in hearing about the qualifying sessions though. Are there similar .rFm parameters? I looked quickly in the ISI Formula Masters .rFm, but it looks like it's using a single session qualifying.

3. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Does anyone from ISI or the internal test team know if it's possible to configure different qualifying session durations and start times?

4. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

And I add one more thing.
    To configure the climatology, in the different free practices.:rolleyes:

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

After doing some experiments, I found that it actually works, or maybe sort of... I added the following to the rFm file:

Code:
      QualifyDay = Saturday
      QualifyStart = 14:00
      QualifyDuration = 20

Qualify2Day = Saturday
      Qualify2Start = 14:27
      Qualify2Duration = 15

Qualify3Day = Saturday
      Qualify3Start = 14:50
      Qualify3Duration = 10
    Note: It also requires that you set qualifying length="0" in the player file.

This does create three sessions with different durations and start times. However, it has a nasty side effect: In qualifying session 2 and 3, I cannot see the vehicle at all. (!) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the different durations though, I'll do some more tests with the default rFm file and post more info.

6. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Nope, reverting to the default rFm file while having this in the player file

Code:
    GPRIX Num Qual Sessions="3" // range: 0-4
    MULTI Num Qual Sessions="3"
    causes the vehicle to disappear in qualifying sessions 2 and 3. I'll file a bug report on this.