difference in Rfactor 2 between open wheel class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eltidi, Feb 13, 2015.

1. eltidi

eltidi Registered

I'm having a blast playing with the formula 3.5 2014, I was more of a gt car guy, but this car has made me love open wheel in sims. The thing is that I tried to run with the other cars and the feeling is just not there. Does those cars have less data in them, earlier model or is it just me.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think they are just different, there's loads of things between them that make them feel different and more often then not (talking ISI cars) its a matter of persistence and practise that will make you love a certain car.

For me it can take weeks and weeks of intense practise/races before I start to understand a car, or start to like it, or understand what to do with the setup. the depth of rf2 forces me to be more patient and lenient towards it because it aint as simple as it once was (rf1 for example) there is simply too much going on these days to quickly judge something.

We've done championships and series in FR35, Williams F2, skippy, Masters, and they all feel different but in their own unique way. More often then not my 'issues' with a car/mod where because I did not fully grasp what was going on or tried to driver in 1 car is a would drive in another. But I sure enjoyed them all :)

Maybe the FR35 just 'clicks' with you more then other cars do. Or you compare other cars too much with the FR35?

3. eltidi

eltidi Registered

You may be right, the formula masters I drove it when I first bought rfactor 2, I tried yesterday to do a few laps with it, and I don't know if they improved the car or it's the new builds but I feel the downforce on the car in the corners and the car doesn't feel loose anymore.