Dev Mode Not Launching Correctly (Win 10)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RJames, Sep 1, 2015.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

When trying to launch Dev Mode it's failing to correctly launch. The program icon shows in the start bar, however if i click it I just get a black screen and then it minimizes straight away. Nothing further happens and have to kill it in task manager.

Some background:

Clean installation of Windows 10 (last week - minimal software installed on top).
    Clean installation of rFactor 2 Build 998 & Dev Mode on their release (no previous versions installed). (Activated).
    Setting the video settings for Dev Mode to windowed/borderless or fullscreen make no difference (also tried various sync/aa/fxaa etc no change).
    No additional content placed in Dev Mode folders.
    Tried launching as Administrator, tried "Force 32-bit", Checked for updates and Verified Installation.

Single Player rFactor 2 launches and works as expected.

Anyone got any further ideas to test out? Also can anyone else confirm they can launch the latest dev mode without issue on Windows 10?

Regards

2. RJames

RJames Registered

Anyone have any ideas @isi? Got a couple of mods i'd love to work on a little more but without mod-dev its impossible.

Any particular logs i should be checking?

I also checked event viewer in windows but no issues show, as it seems the software launches (icon running on start bar) but if i click it just get a black screen for a few seconds then it minimizes again.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try reinstalling the redistributables from the support folder in the data location, and also these:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

4. RJames

RJames Registered

Many thanks well i fixed the issue but it was not those.

I manually edited the config.xml located in the moddev/userdata location to "WindowedMode=1" - Once launched it was at 1024x768 resolution. So i then changed the video settings in game and it now works fine.

Seems for some reason the video configuration was not saved from the launcher.