SOLVED Dev mode - cross hairs below *ground* plane?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MileSeven, Mar 14, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Ooo-err!

I've just noticed that for one of the vehicles I'm working on, two of the CTRL-U crosshairs appear *below* the ground plane (i.e. track level - let alone the car reference plane!).

One is light blue (looks to be the same colour as the spring representations and the other (offset maybe 1-2cm in scale terms)) is light grey. C-of-G/c-of-mass?

Can someone let me know what these represent and how I might have broken the mod? The Dev Mode description table in the Developers Guide documentation section is obviously way out of date...

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks Lazza - the colours have definitely changed since 2016 but this bit:

The yellow cross-hair is the current fuel CG, while the gray cross-hair is the origin..​

…sounds quite likely and will be my initial focus. I did check the fuel tank HDV entries against the original vehicle (which has an above-ground double crosshair) yesterday and didn’t find any swapped-signs or differences…

Will report back once solved, thanks.

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Solved - yes, it turned out to be the empty/full fuel c-of-g.

And it turns out that the original vehicle mod I'm working on does have a fuel c-of-g that - when full - it just above the reference plane but is set - at empty - to be 20-odd cm below the reference plane..! Not entirely realistic...!