Deformable tire cam

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by mianiak, Jan 13, 2012.

1. mianiak

mianiak Registered

A simple cam file to make viewing easy when you are setting up deformable tires.

It has 5 views of the tire, plus the standard 3 driving views and swingman (although I put the cockpit cam in the centre so as not to discriminate between LHD and RHD cars).
    It can be used to quickly switch to different views of the tire in real-time and most importantly in replay.

To set it up and use it, simply rename the car's existing cam file to carname.cam.bak, then copy paste the Deformable TireCam.cam file into the directory and name it the same name as the cars actual cam file. Alternatively you can paste it into the car's existing came file.

Download Link

The 5 tire views focus on the Right Rear tire and they are,,,
    *please ignore the low tex quality in these images, I took them during an experiment.

Directly behind.

Off to the side (so you can see the tire sidewall)
    [​IMG]

Cross section (this will have to be tweaked for individual cars, change the third value in PositionOffset until you achieve a good view of the cross section. 0.001 is equal to 1mm, or alternatively you can tweak the first value in clip plane)
    [​IMG]

Side
    [​IMG]

And Under side
    [​IMG]

Here is a video showing the cams and also showing some experiments I did with deformable tires. (once again, don't mind the low quality tex, it's just an experiment)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bivn-MyOAE