Defining setup options with non linear step - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Rocksor, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Hi,

I've got a physics related question. Is it possible to define steps in the garage option that ar not growing equaly?

E.g.: this is the way the diff is designed:

Code:
    DiffPowerRange=(0.0,0.10,1)
    DiffPowerSetting=0
    But I'de like to set the values that are possible here to fixed values (similar to the gearing options)

Code:
    DiffPowerRange=(0.3,0.42,0.51,0.65,0.88)
    DiffPowerSetting=0
    On top of that I'd like to connect every "power" value to a fixed "coast" so that choosing the 0.3 power value forces the coast value to be 0.42

That is the way the real differential can be adjusted, but iIs something like this possible in the sim?

Thank you very much for any help!

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Use Special values as with some of the ARB settings (look at the FR3.5).

3. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Thank you! But if I did get this right the special values just define what is going to be shown, when adjusting the setup, not the actual physical values.

I guess the only option to get this perfecly correct would be to define the available setup options in the upgrades file. That way I can define with wich fixed setup option I'd like to take the car to the track. And for this car thats not too far off from reality, as changing diff setup in the car I'm building would mean unmounting the dirvshafts, the chaindrive the differential mount and disassembling of the differential. And of course reassembling the whole thing.

4. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

The special values will adjust the physical values and what is shown. The bars on the FR35 for instance are in a specific order, and the spring rates for the bars have overlap (meaning some will be out of ascending numerical order). On some of the Special sections it is harder to see, as they just define the display value, but with the bars you can actually see where the physics value goes.