Default options, missing garage setups and custom skins after failed replay load

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Graag, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Graag

Graag Registered

Hello. I'm writing this bugreport about rf2 beta build 156. Here are the steps we think had something to do with occurring of this bug. This happened to me and one other invidual from management team of Trellet.net.

1. While logging in to private server on rf2 beta build 156. Both of us wrote the password and pressed enter from keyboard. As I understand this build has a bug that does download the virtual mod to computers RAM, but does not store it to HD if enter is pressed. If you click ok from mouse, this will not occur.

2. Couple days after the race both of us had a need to check the server replay. So we downloaded it and tried to open it. It did not load. I don't remember whether the game crashed or not.

3. After downloading and installing the virtual mod manually, we were both able to load the replay.

4. Almost two weeks later we both noticed that all setting on rf2 menus are set to defaults. So are the driving aids in car. Also all of the garage settings to cars had been deleted and so are the custom skins.

The race was driven at 5.3.2013 and after that neither of us used rf2 for anything else than watching the replay. We came to conclusion that loading the replay with missing virtual mod might have caused this issue. We could not figure any other reason.