Default opponents and wheel reset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

So I had ten minutes to sneak downstairs for a race. So started up rf2 launcher, selected offline, rf2 started up, selected skippy on Toban (amazing combo btw, especially regional car), selected race, track loaded, then immediately noticed opponents were not skippy (I f'ing hate that opponents are not same car by default ; have probably had to reload thousands of times because of this).

So I have to leave track to correct the opponents. Then I re-load the track only to find that my wheel is off center. Is there a way to reset the wheel in game? What I have been doing is exiting all the way out of rf2, unplugging wheel USB to get wheel to re-calibrate, restarting launcher, restarting offline and reloading track.

So now I am on my third track load and secon rf2 game load and when I get into the track I realize that my wheel is moving slower than the onscreen wheel. F--k!!!!!!

So now I get out of the game, open Logitech profiler, select to let game control wheel and back into rf2 again for my third rf2 game start and my fourth track load.

Fortunately, my race settings were correct so I didn't have to reload track a fifth time but I often need to change race settings so would have probably commited suicide if I had to do that this time.

So now my ten minutes is up and I never got to do even a single race. F--k it!

I don't know what is causing my wheel calibration problems or why the "let game control" option is getting reset but I woukdn't be surprised if had to do with putting my machine to standby mode to save electricity. It doesn't always happen when coming out of standby though but that is still my best guess.

The point is that there is always going to be pain to endure in order to enjoy sim racing with rf2. But anything that can be done to eliminate needless pain would be great. For example, being able to change AI strength and controller, etc. settings in game is great, but why not be able to set everything that is possible without reloading track? I suspect track and car need to be loaded together and possibly weather settings and maybe some other things but anything that is possible to change without reloading track would be awesome to be able to change without reloading.

Little things like that will keep sim racers using rf2; especially those like me who do 75% of their sim racing in rare and short opportunity windows and therefore may have to go days without sim racing fun do to lack of time to fiddle.

WHINERS PLEASE DO NOT START WHINING IN THIS THREAD THIS IS MEANT FOR CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AND ALSO FOR ADVICE IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO RESET WHEEL IN GAME OR OTHER ADVICE FOR ME. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR NOT USING THIS THREAD TO WHINE OR COMPLAIN ABOUT RF2.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'd like one of those little launcher things ( the little interface box that launches everything so one dosnt even need to use rf2's interface) think rf1 had one, hopefully someone will make one for rf2 also

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I was thinking of that, too. Even if just manipulated files before using/calling rf2 launcher would be helpful. Won't help having to exit track but hopefully less likely to have to if you could review all settings on one screen before launching rf2. Seems fairly simple to program this but of course rfm plugin would be better but that is not supported yet and also I don't know how flexible it will be anything at all would be very welcome and appreciated I expect. I was fairly underwhelmed with rf1 menu replacement efforts although I'm sure they did as much as they could.

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I have had issues with the profiler getting 'lost' after Standby. It usually prevents me launching rf2 properly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
  5. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

One thing you might try is to turn the wheel through it's entire travel once you get in the car after hitting the race button. This will normally fix it perfectly, at least for me with all ISI titles I have played.

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

One of the more recent builds added 'reset steering range' to the 'reset FFB' option.

7. kro388th

kro388th Registered

You probly have done this but have you shown the logitech profiler the rf2.exe ? in logitech profiler window do you see "select device", "select game", "Play rfactor"? If so you can launch the rf2 launcher from the profiler and that might set it on the right corse ?

Im set this way and I havent had any probs (yet) lol I dont normaly launch the game from logitech but i can ..it mearly starts the rf2 launcher ...

Good luck ,

..I assume you have "reset FFB" maped ?

Its most likely sleep moad thats messing it up

8. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

I sometimes get the off centre wheel, same as you kknnorpy. I pull the USB out and back in whilst the games already loaded and it seems to do the trick.

9. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I asked something like this on wish list a long time ago.
    Thats my mistake: if you want something implemented on rf2, never say on wish list forum. Now they black listed my wish and you never get this implemented.

10. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Like others already mentioned there is a Reset FFB action under Controls -> Devices, you just need to map a key to it (I think it is not bound to any key by default).

Also if your wheel is not centered you don't need to disconnect and reconnect it - you just turn the wheel fully to the left, then fully to the right and after that it will be centered properly.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve started up a practice session etc to find out I`ve not selected the same AI drivers as the car I`m driving and had to exit back out to race settings and alter that but that`s the only thing I can relate too Kknorpp... (and yes, it is very annoying)

I`ve never had the wheel thing to my recollection though...

:confused:

Mind you, my sim rig never goes on standby or sleep or anything like that.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

How do you know your idea was blacklisted SLuis?

Is there a "blacklist" :eek: somewhere hidden away?

13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

The voices in my head told to me...
    Just kidding, i asked this some time ago but, as i can remember, nobody support the idea.
    I find this very annoying too. And use to happens to me a lot, since i use change a lot what mod i´m driving (not anymore).
    I think there is too many tabs. Race settings could be mixed with "Race" menu and even mods and tracks could be selected from one single menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  14. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right lol...

I thought maybe ISI had come up with some kind of real blacklist that contained rejected ideas or wishes. :p