Default Draw distance in Rf2 editor 1000m ? changeable ?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Jameswesty, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

It seems that the game is drawing stuff up to about 1000m away but no further is there a specific setting to change so that my base track and hills render even though they are miles away ?

to further clarify Its not popup its just a cut-of point around 600-1000m from the camera where its not drawing the mesh. At the moment my track and hills are one huge mesh . ( I realise there is a separate sky box option I am just talking about the drivable road)

or are we meant to hide this with fog or do something else ?

Thanks again !

2. blakboks

blakboks Registered

In your .scn file, under view=mainview, set the second value in clip planes to whatever you want (in meters). The Joesville defaults to (0.50, 1000.0). If you have 3DSMax create your .scn file, you can set this value in the Scene File Output rollout. Under 'Views' set the F: value to whatever you want (defaults to 500.0).

3. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

FANTASTIC cheers !

4. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

It makes sense that it should work but changing that value evan directly in the .scn file is not affecting it.

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Ok the value you said effects player cam works , Its the Free cam that's still got defult clipping plane not sure where the file is to eddit that :)