Default Audio Levels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry for such a dumb question, but it doesn't appear to be documented in the PLAYER.JSON file:

What are the default audio levels in the sim itself? These are the Engine Volume, Tire Volume, Opponent Volume, etc., all found in the Sound options menu. I started mucking with these (what we still need is a master volume slider!!!!!!!!!!!) in-advisably and now can't get back to the "proper" sound, which for me is the default settings. There is also not a "reset to default" button.

Thanks in advance for help.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

copy and paste your current json file onto your desktop. delete the current json file in the rf2 folder, then have a look at what default is. I know you'll complain about having to do a bit of leg work, might take a minute but that's my suggestion.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I can't find all the settings in the .JSON in the first place.

Someone who has not fiddled (or ISI) will just report the settings...eventually.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

They're scattered throughout "sound options" in you player file. It's the last section in the list.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Basically I find engines too loud and tyres too soft for Historics.

Not sure I think tyres is also linked to effects level. ?

Reminded me watching Historic Belgium video at La Source just how much they could squeal.

Flag flutter is a bit much as it is linked to effects as well, dynamic ones with wind would be cool :cool:.......... you could hear from car in pits the wind die down and pick up. hehehe
    (assuming of course it is implemented and has variable/random speed..... )

Would be nice to have open and full faced helmet ambiance too.
    Ride a bike with both to see. ;)

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't need to. Move your .JSON away, start the game, and you'll see the default settings in the game. Done.

As for master volume, now that XP doesn't work everyone can adjust program volumes individually in windows. Done.