Dedicated server Watkins with Meganes crashes.

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Marco Bijl, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Hy all,

I have a problem with the dedi server. I have made a virtual mod, using the Watkins Glen 0.2, in combination with the Meganes from default.

People are able to join, but get disconnected a lot. After a while, the whole server crashes out. This is what we found in the logs":
    Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    rFactor2 Dedicated.exe
      Application Version:    1.0.2.7
      Application Timestamp:    4f3d526a
      Fault Module Name:    rFactor2 Dedicated.exe
      Fault Module Version:    1.0.2.7
      Fault Module Timestamp:    4f3d526a
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    00272bee
      OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.1296.17
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    fd00
      Additional Information 2:    ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
      Additional Information 3:    fd00
      Additional Information 4:    ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Anyone has any idea if I did something wrong here??

I am using build 60 for both clients and server. Made a virtual mod via the instructions, which all seemed to work fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I have made a second one with another mod, and default ISI track. This seems to work fine, so to me it seems an issue with Watkins Glebn 0.2.

Did anyone else already tried to do an online host with Watkins?

3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I will try again tonight or tomarrow, but I think you are right if I understood you correctly. When trying to host a race there, it crashes. I also have that track racible in a differant mod, but won't work for online. Honestly, I'm unsure why the track is the way it is in this release version. Guess I'll need to go back to the original thread and see what they were thinking when releasing in it's current state.

4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I just checked all three tracks online, and I didn't get any crashes. Not sure what's up with that. I actually loaded up the other two tracks that I downloaded at the same time as the Glen's, thinking maybe that one of those were the problem, and they worked also.

Has me stumped at the moment, cause I know I had troubles the other day with the server.

Scott

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I have not tried it in a different combination. I shall make a vmod for that as well, and do some testing.

I have used several vmods now, with different combinations. Except for the Watkins one, they all work fine so far. Will try later on if the track does work with f.i. Renault Formula cars.

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I did some testing with a combination of tracks, and that seems to work well.

I added Watkins, Searspoint, Snetterton and Portugal. When I start that mod, and enter the server on Watkins, all seems to work fine? I can do lap after lap without issues or disconnections.

Perhaps it WAS something in the mod I made after all. Once I have some spare time, I will test it again in a single track vmod.