Dedicated server modmgr not seeing RFCMP files

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by stephen haley, Jan 14, 2023.

1. stephen haley

stephen haley Registered

I have created the Porsche Carrera cup Great Britain 22 liveries as a pack, all the files including the upgrade ini are in the mas file, I have created a rfcmp with the car-upgrade.mas and used the update from 1.02 .
    It works fine as using the in-game content manager to install it..

But when installing into a steamcmd installed dedicated server, it will download using the steamcmd etc, but when trying to use modmgr to install it on the server, it is not showing in the component list, even though the rfcmp is in the packages folder.

Can anyone shed any light on where to look to fix this.

Steve

workshop link
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2917519157

2. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

If you try to move it over from your workshop-folder, and not steamcmd, does it show up then?

3. Brent

Brent Registered

In the ModMgr make sure the paths in the lower right are correct for the dedi

The working dir: should be the rfactor2 folder for the dedi
    The packages dir: should be the packages folder for the dedi

In a pinch you can manually copy the mod into the locations and vehicles folder under the installed directory

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I grabbed the rfcmp and put it in my test server's Packages folder and it doesn't show up in the server's modmgr either. I did get it installed using Noel Hibbard's extract tool, and looks like it's updated using v1.03 (of the 992 CUP car) as the base, should it be updated on v1.02 as the base? I always used the even number when doing updates, but looking at some posts on this forum, not sure anymore. Perhaps for testing at your end do an update using 1.02 as the base and see if that works.

EDIT: looking at this again, the name is 1.03pccgb22, so you may have done it from 1.02 base (and reading your post again you did) and just me seeing the 1.03 bit in there I assumed updated from 1.03, and we all know what happens when we assume. lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@stephen haley It indeed is what @Goanna in Parts has said already.
    If you, for Example have the 992 Cup, with the original Versions 1.02 and 1.03 installed on the Server and you want to install your Skin rfcmp, that is an Update to 1.02 too, the ModMgr Tool ignores it, because there already exists an Update to 1.02, the 1.03.
    At least that was the Case when i tested it the last Time.
    What you can do now, is to make your Skin Pack as an Update to 1.03, that normally should show up in the ModMgr then or you delete the Folder 1.03 from your Dedicated Server (you did say that it includes all Content from the 1.03 too, if i understood it right), to get your Skin Pack showing up in the ModMgr.
    Both Methods should work.
    What you also can try, is to remove the 1.03 Folder only temporary, then install your Skin Pack with the ModMgr and then move the 1.03 back.
    That at least works in the normal Game, if you use the ModMgr, instead of the in Game Content Manager, there too.
    But i haven't tested, if such a Configuration works on a Dedicated Server, but i would expect that it works.

6. stephen haley

stephen haley Registered

yep... it is updated from 1.02... lol...

7. stephen haley

stephen haley Registered

I'll check that out.

8. stephen haley

stephen haley Registered

Ok, so deleting the 1.03 base folder, and running modmgr, does show with an update available, updating in modmgr, with my pccgb rfcmp, now installs my mod as you said....
    Is there a way around this? for making it easier for people? surely it shouldnt be this difficult lol

9. stephen haley

stephen haley Registered

ok, removing the 1.03, installing mine, and then putting the 1.03 folder back, theres a problem with that, as in when creating a mod file for a server, the 1.03 will not show in the list... lol///

10. redapg

redapg Registered

I would try this (also not tested yet): pack only all the needed Files for your Skinpack into a rfcmp and make it as an update to 1.03.
    (That was something that didn't worked in the Past, but now it maybe works).
    Then install it with the ModMgr (this Time it show up) and try if you can select that, when you create the Server rfmod.
    I hope you didn't use veh Files with the exact same Name and Driver Description as the original Cars.
    If yes, the original Cars from the 1.03 will disappear in the Car Selection.

11. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Don't go crazy looking for a solution, it doesn't work and has never worked, it doesn't matter if you do it on 1.02 or 1.03, installing it on a "dedicated server" won't work.
    The incredible thing is that several debates have been opened with this same topic and S397 has never given a solution, simply because they don't have it.
    The proof is that no one from S397 has responded to this debate or others like it.

Although there is a solution to install it.

You create the update on version even number 1.02 = 1.03pccgb22
    You install it in YOUR rFactor2 from the "Manage Content", because if you install it with "ModMgr" it will come out as an update and when you update it, it will delete the MFT file of version 1.02 and it will not work.

Once installed, you will see that the new folder has been created inside Vehicles/Porsche_992_GT3_Cup_2022/1.03pccgb22

Copy that folder "1.03pccgb22" and paste it into your "dedicated server" in Vehicles/Porsche_992_GT3_Cup_2022/ and you will see that it works.

Sorry for the translation, but English is not my native language.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    juanchioooo likes this.
  12. redapg

redapg Registered

@Flipo Did you tested everything in the last few Weeks?
    Things that didn't work in the Past, like Updating an Update for Example, work now.
    So i would simply try it out.