Dedicated server error: no mod specified

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Denstjiro, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

''no mod specified. if using +oneclick, run dedicated server at least once to set mod.''

Created a vmod with civic/Silverstone, content is installed, vmod is installed. but still getting above error.
    we run several profiles for the server but just hosting from rf2 launcher gives the same error.

Any advice?

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

never mind, fixed it.

3. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I have the same problem.
    like you made to solve it?

Babs

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is related with get mod babs.
    I was going to report it to Noel but didnt have time so far. I am not sure if the solution is having to wait some time before packing the vmod after registering the components or that you just need to pack thr vmod twice before it works. I made it work first changing the version of the vmod and a second time without doing it. just repack it later...

enviado mediante tapatalk

5. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

In fact, I made the VMOD, without the registered components and it worked.
    but I've used a track and mod, which I had already registered with the system several days ago.

Babs

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

On tuesday I will have to renew the vmod in the champ I host after the race is over. I will try to see if I can get to any conclusions. It is very unpleasant when everything is not under control...

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Now I did another test
    I installed the components ready for Get Missing Component directly on the server.
    I created the VMOD directly on the server,and it works.
    maybe just because of my installation on my computer,it does not work.
    I do not know.
    let us know if when you build your VMOD,you'll have the same problems.

Babs

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It happens for me when I don't click on the mod in the vmod.
    Just now with FR35 2014 again, create vmod, click package, install, setup server, launch, error.
    create/edit vmod again, select mod (just select, not tick box) and its good.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You always have to launch the server once without using the +oneclick option or else it will try to launch using the last vmod you used on the server which most likely isn't installed anymore, hence the error. You should be able to launch without +oneclick, select the new mod then close the server and relaunch with the +oneclick option.

Or maybe I am not understanding the problem you guys are having.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry but I feel a little stupid. I did not understand anything from your post Noel.

Not until I started using "getmod" and registering components I ever found this error. Therefore, I am 99% sure it is a related problem.

I do not know what is the +1 click option since the way I have packed the vmod with mas2.exe is the same I have used so far before using Noel's tool. The way I have hosted the server is also exactly the same one I used before.

The first time the error message appeared, I solved it repacking the vmod with a different version and it worked. The second time it was not necessary but as I said I am not sure what I exactly did. I was under great pressure since I need to make the server start for following days race. It was finally posptponed until tomorrow due to other problems.

As I said Ill try to provide a better feedback tomorrow after the race when I move to the next race of the champ.

11. canastos

canastos Registered

Denstjiro is using the command line parameter +oneclick in his server, and Noel has nailed the explanation for that error message.

I think that you, Spaskis, and probably Babs, are having a different issue (if any, maybe it's just some mistake because of hurry ;))

byyyyyyyyye

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

OK. I clarify that I am not using commands to host the server. However, the error message is the one that babs mentions and says something about the +1click option

I think it is very unlikely that I did anything different when packing the vmod or hosting the server. As I said never had a single problem during more than a year hosting a server. After registering components two errors in two days. I would discard the possibility that I made an error.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry but GetMod would have no impact at all on the server being able to start up. The server actually isn't even involved with GetMod URLs. It is all client side. I suspect this error is due to pathing problems. Like maybe the vmod is getting installed to a different working directory than the one that the server is using? That doesn't really explain why it would work after building the mod a second time though. I've never seen this error other than when trying to launch the server with +oneclick after installing a new version of a vmod without starting manually one time.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the problem is when the vmod is packed (created) and somehow related to registered components. As you said you need to register components before creating the vmod so in some way there is a relationship i think.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

But the MAS2 tool doesn't know anything about my service. It just takes the URL from the MFT file and places it in the vmod. It can be any URL, the MAS2 tool doesn't care. Trust me, your problem has nothing to do with my webservice. If it did then there would be tons of people PMing me complaining about it.

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You know I trust you Noel ;)

It might be something on ISI's side. I just say that not until i have started using the download component feature i never saw that problem. It looks similar (not the same) to the problem when you had to register vmods and if you didnt you couldnt host. Thats what i meant. It would be good to see if Babs has reached any conclusion or been able to reproduce. After tonights race I'll start testing. I dont know if you have read the other problem that I have posted which I suffered yesterday. Lately it looks like ghosts are around...
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?t=20021
    Server crashes when one specific driver enters the server with his assigned vehicle

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I must say that no problems yesterday when creating the vmod for the next race in the championship.

Due to some other problems, it took some time to create and upload the vmod to the server. By the time I could start the server the new component had been registered almost an hour before.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't think it is a timing thing. When I build vmods they are instantly synced to our server via BTSync then seconds later I RDP into the server, while the server is still running with people doing laps I double click on all the new rfcmp files to install them, then I send a chat message to the guy on the server to let them know I am about to restart the server. They normally get of quickly (30secs or so) and once they are off I shutdown the server, install the new vmod and then start the server back up. Total time between building the vmod and having it up and running on the server is probably only 5mins at the most.

Although none of this has anything to do with registering components on my service, there is literally zero lag when registering cmps on my service.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

For my issue it has nothing to do with registering components either. it happens sometimes, and sometimes it don't. depending on what kind of mods/tracks we use.

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In my case, when it happened, I did not change any component to make it work. I just repeated the procedure changing version the first time it happened. In the second one I didnt even chage version number. The effect as I said is similar as when in the past you didn't reguster vmods. That's why I think that the problem is when you create the vmod. Registering does not seem to be the problem.