Dedicated Server Admin?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by nickbalti, Mar 29, 2012.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

How can I make someone an admin on my dedicated server?

2. D34N0

D34N0 Registered

1. Give them the admin password you entered into the 'multiplayer.ini' file.
    2. In game, once they join your server they then type in to chat "/admin [YourPassword]"

multiplayer.ini path
    rFactor2\UserData\player\Multiplayer.ini

Look for
    Admin Password="YourPassword" // Chat "/admin <password>" to become admin (make sure admin and super-admin passwords are different). Exit or chat "/admin" to become non-admin. One super-admin plus three regular admins are now allowed.

3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

That's a great help thank you.

Don't suppose there's a list of command? Ideally ones that can change to a specific circuit or change the type of cars?

4. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

To change the cars you need to restart the dedicated server so there are no admin commands, you would need access to the dedicated server through remote desktop access.

Also you can only switch to tracks that were initially selected when the dedicated server was setup, an in-game admin can vote next track to move between the tracks setup on the server otherwise it's as above remote desktop access to add new tracks requiring a server restart.

If i remember correctly there is also an admin command to switch directly to a specific track (preloaded into the server) but i cant remember what it is and there is some possible issue over the way it works.

Other admin commands HERE