Dedicated lossing connection to Matchmaker never reconnects when ded is set to pause

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by tom ilsbroux, Jan 25, 2012.

1. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Dedicated losing connection to Matchmaker never reconnects when ded is set to pause

Since my topics seems to ignored on the general problems list. And there is no specific topic for problems on dedicated server i will try it here.

When a server looses connection to matchmaker (for whatever reason) it will continue running through all the sessions and reconnect when the next track (or the same one) is loaded again on the server. Not ideal as that might be a long time, better was it to have a autoreconnect at random intervals (so not all server try at the same time when matchmaker goes offline). But at least it will reconnect.

However when the dedicated server is set to pause when there are no drivers on in (done in plr) it will load the track at the beginning and then connect to matchmaker and then pause the session. When then the connection is lost to the matchmaker (for whatever reason) it will never connect again unless done manualy. This is far from ideal offcourse.

Loosing connection to matchmaker means nobody can enter the server anymore.

Hope this will be looked into, and someone of ISI can confirm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  2. [NAR]Bilbo

[NAR]Bilbo Registered

Not sure if it's the same issue but my 24/7 dedicated server is also set to pause when nobody's in and, every day or so, I get home from work and it says "Could not connect to matchmaker" or something similar. That's after dozens of people have raced on it for hours so it's not a just basic port/firewall issue (also, an rF1 DS has been running fine for years on the same machine and network). Just clicking to switch to the next race makes it reconnect fine but really, as mentioned above, there's no good reason (short of a crash) for the server to not detect that it's not connected anymore (for ANY reason even if not directly ISI's fault).

When there's nobody around, it should probably "ping" or send "keepalive" packets to the matchmaker to ensure things are going well and try to reconnect regularly if they aren't. It doesn't have to be a flood, just once every 10-30 minutes would be quite enough. The principle is that it should NOT require constant human supervision and intervention. A server that doesn't actually "serve" is a useless waste...

3. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

@BILBO : yes this is exactly same problem. We have also running rF1 besides it on same machine without any issue. Hope it get solved as its very annoying.

4. Tripp

Tripp Registered

I get that problem also before i edit /tweak my plr & multiplayer setting.
    I not now what line i edit because i edit a lot lines but now my servers not lost connection after edit.
    But i have a new odd problem % upload and download say 0 always !
    Before i have upload % on 11% and down on 5 % with 10 drivers online on a server,that was to much for me so then i start edit/tweak serversettings that i also share in this post.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...pp-multiplayer.ini-settings?p=41009#post41009

When i found a thing i discover to be better i always share it :)