dedicated lan server wont show on server list

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Luke Rhymer, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Luke Rhymer

Luke Rhymer Registered

Hi, I'm trying to host a LAN server with my friend on the same internet. I did port forward the right ports in my router, and I port forwarded them in my firewall too. But still, it doesn't show on the server list when I start the server.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

For rF2 servers to show on internal networks you'll need to edit the http port figure in the multiplayer.json file. By default this will be set at 64297, change that to 27013. You'll need to forward HTTP 27013 and UDP 27014 & 27015.
    Alternatively you can create a desktop shortcut for rF2, right click on it and select properties and in the the target line add a space followed by +connect 192.168.1.20:64297, where 192.168.1.20 is the ip address of the server followed by the port 64297 (I'm assuming you have the default, if not change it to what you have in your json file) to the end ....it should look similar to this
    Using this alternative method you still wont see the server but you should be able to join.

Luke Rhymer likes this.
  3. Luke Rhymer

Luke Rhymer Registered

changing the port in multiplayer.json worked :) but now my friend is stuck on checking for missing components, when trying to join the server