Dedi server - reverted to Practice instead of Race

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Feb 22, 2022.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I can’t find anything helpful (yet) in the logs, but we had an annoying glitch on a dedi server at the weekend…

C. 20 drivers on the server for a regular league race - Qualy complete, short warmup…

…and then the server flipped back to practice instead of moving on to Race…

Fortunately, the Remote Desktop admin (me) was on hand to restore the Qualy positions and get the race back underway.

Server voting is locked out without a signed-in admin (of which there were none). We’ve not seen this issue before.

Any ideas?

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

@Jimmi Allison

Code:
    Check the xml, it should explain what happened. Never seen this before so perhaps someone (admin) restarted weekend.
    I received your message as an email notification to this thread - but it’s not showing up here yet!

Anyway, I’ll take a look and report back.

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

@Jimmi Allison

OK - I've had a look at the trace and found this where the session restarted the weekend unexpectedly. Excerpt from trace leading up to this from the end of qualy/warmup attached.

Code:
    1146521.48s NetCommDedic 2252: Detected 234 ms long freeze while processing status dialog 15 (GetClientListCurrentRow)
    1146528.82s NetCommDedic 8211: Chat message:David Cruickshank: name your lap? : 267.79
    1146530.90s NetCommDedic 8211: Chat message:Ron ODell: spectators are my pit crew : 269.86
    1146547.36s NetCommDedic  702: HeadlessState update: STATE_RUNNING_SESSION -> STATE_RESTARTING_EVENT
    Any ideas?

Attached Files: