Debris from other cars is collidable in Private Qualifying/Practice

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mermoid, Jun 2, 2021.

1. mermoid

mermoid Registered

This happened to me multiple times during rF250 qualifying but I did so many laps that it wasn't feasible to find each incident in my replay as I didn't note each time it happened, however I now have more solid examples. This bug has been around for years by the way. Given that the competition system relies quite heavily on private qualifying sessions for deciding splits etc. (like with the rF250) it would seem to me this should be quite an important thing to fix.

So here is the example:

This car crashed here
    [​IMG]

As I followed along around 20-25 seconds later you can see/hear me colliding with the invisible front wing left behind:

7 drivers in total (including myself) hit this front wing within approximately 30 seconds of it being broken off. I can provide the replay file with timestamps etc. where each driver hit the debris (and the link to the track/car you'll need to view it). However this should be fairly easy to recreate on any track by getting someone to crash deliberately in a private session to break a wing off their car and have some more people follow across the location of the wing a few seconds later.

Here is another example of the same thing.
    And another.

DJCruicky and Alen Terzic like this.