WIP Daytona T1 exit wall raise the LMP2 rear axle in the air

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Csaba Kiss, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Csaba Kiss

Csaba Kiss Registered

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't understand what you are trying to show. Is your car stuck against the wall? Or the rear axle pulled up off the ground so you cannot move?

3. Csaba Kiss

Csaba Kiss Registered

The car literally sticked to the wall like it was glued.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks, I was able to reproduce that with the official S397 Daytona v1.17 and the Oreca 07 lmp2 v3.03 while using the RELEASE CANDIDATE & the NONE option.
    The car would slide along the railing until about 15 posts from the end.@Alex Sawczuk , @Coutie
    I gently drove up to the barrier and it became stuck, spinning the tires caused the rear of the car to lift as if being jacked up. (centrifical force and the rubber of the tire contacting the barrier perhaps?) That leads me to suspect something in the hub may have become lodged in the barrier.
    This image was taken from a standstill and then reving the engine while in gear. Remember, this was not the result of heavy contact, but a gentle kiss. The tires spun and raised up the rear of the car with some limited forward or reverse motion. After several attempts I was able to drive away slowly, using the 'clutch & gear'
    upload_2023-1-23_20-30-3.png

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

from another angle to show the vertical posts, there IS a graphic seam about where the 'stick' occurs.
    upload_2023-1-23_20-56-12.png