Dangerous FFB spikes if race restarted

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Jul 29, 2021.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Another long-standing bug that could do with a fix…

If a race is forcibly restarted (e.g. via the ‘restart race’ command in a dedi server - or in offline single player from the ‘escape’ menu), when the cars reappear on the grid a sudden spike in the FFB output can often be felt.

This used not to be such a big deal when I ran a belt-drive T500RS, but as I run a SC2 Pro 25Nm wheel these days, it’s a different matter. With lesser wheels, I seem to remember just feeling a sudden yank in one direction - with a DD wheel, that yank can injure.

I was particularly caught out last night as I run our dedi server and restarted the race from an Alt-tabbed remote Windows desktop window - I therefore didn’t have my hands firmly on the wheel at the restart and received a good whack as the wheel went crazy and had to be e-stopped.

I have toned-down the impact force during racing via the JSON files - but this has no effect on this long-standing restart issue. Turning down the out-of-game max forces is not a solution. E-stopping before a race start is not a solution (particularly for online races where the restart is unlikely to be triggered by the driver in question - unless they’re running the server themselves).

Paul Jeffrey likes this.