Damage missing after replay restart

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Booth_doberman, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I want to do some endurance racing using the new endurance cars on the Le Mans 17 track. But I can't do a bunch of hours at the same time, so I thought I'd try the method where you exit the game and then run the replay to the point where you quit. But I found some problems. The major problem is that restarting from where I left off gets rid of all the damage to my car. Saturday night I went into the pits for fuel and another driver (AI) slammed into me while I was on the jacks. I got a bunch of rear damage and he had to retire. When I left the pit, I got to the start of the long straight and paused and exited, with my car having all that damage from the pit incident. Sunday night when I resumed the race, my car was in perfect condition...no damage. That happens every time I resume. Having the damage magically fixed kinds of spoils endurance racing a bit, donchathink? A bunch of things also seem to get messed up. My pit menu defaults to new tires on the next stop as well as a reduced fuel load (6 laps worth instead of 9). The mirrors are back to the default setting. Fortunately, you can fix this stuff before you un-pause the session and start the car rolling again. I think it's great that the developers give you a way to fix this before racing.

2. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I discovered something of interest. I had damage set at 50% for some reason. At 50% the damage disappears after each restart. When damage is set to 100%, the damage "sticks" from replay session to replay session.

atomed likes this.