Damage dependency

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by LasseJO, Mar 8, 2015.

1. LasseJO

LasseJO Registered

Can anyone tell me how to implement damage dependency in my cars?

I know it's possible, it says so in some of the build notes - but I haven't been able to find an example.

More specifically I want rear lights to fall of with a spoiler.

Cheers
    Lasse J O

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I'm not sure it has been implemented yet, which info did you get from build notes ? I remember having read about it, but think it might have been early DEV notes.

3. LasseJO

LasseJO Registered

In the notes for build 218

"– Add support for damage model dependencies (such as in those rare cases where you could break off suspension with the wheel remaining on the car can no longer occur), available in build 146+."

Maybe I have misunderstood the notes, and this is not possible?

4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

It's very complicated although someone here might know an easier way to implement it.

For me, and my limited knowledge from my rF1 mod, you have to edit the 3D models files so they are separate pieces and then make them detachable parts and edit the files in the damage.ini. I looked into it for some parts but it is only achievable if you have a good knowledge of 3D modelling and the rF1/rF2 file structure.

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

In my experience the damage system is somewhat limited to specific bodyparts, other parts can be defined as DEBRIS, but these are not repairable and therefore pretty useless in RF2s current state.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It is possible, and does work, but the bits that fall off tend to become lodged in other bits or sit on the track and become major hazards... so I don't have a working example to help you from because we didn't end up using it.