Daily online servers infra-session woes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by L313, Dec 23, 2023.

1. L313

L313 Registered

Hello.
    It seems that on my end when the sessions "cycle", the server connection handler gets confused.
    Often it'll guru-meditate instead of connecting to the server (f.e. when i move from a pre-event free practice, to the event itself), often fixed with a client restart.
    Occasionally, though, particularly if there are a lot of people queued, it'll just hang "preparing" it, and eventually not allow me entry even if i was registered, which is ofc very aggravating, particularly with races this spaced out (i may have a couple or three hours in a row free on a given day, three hours between races is far too demanding to meet.).
    Of course, my internet connection is rock solid and stable, and throughout working with any other service that isn't RF2.

2. L313

L313 Registered

today again it got stuck after free practice on "loading server...", fixed with a restart.
    However, when i clicked "join server", all hell broke loose, with nasty messages about failed authorisation on steam, and having to restart, which would have resulted in another dropped race (with consequent SR loss.).
    Thankfully, i could see that the user was authorised, the online results properly accounted for, and the server was loading just fine.
    I raced NP.
    Is it just me?
    Am i missing some obvious trick to not have it time out?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Don't you have to manually exit the practice server to join the Race server?

4. L313

L313 Registered

Provided i first register for the event, and then enter practice from the righthand-side flyout (not the left-hand side "enter practice" button), no.
    At practice end, the session auto-terminates, i'm booted back to the online menu, and am ready to enter.
    It's there, then, that i seem to always need to restart the game to ensure it allows me entry.
    I have tried manually exiting, to no difference: the one instance in which it never loaded me into the race was from manual quit of practice with 3 minutes to spare.

5. L313

L313 Registered

It's gotten worse: today i can't join any practice server for any of the beginner classes. View attachment upload_2023-12-26_20-55-27.png

It gets worse if i join the race server (which does work), with my car unable to change brake bias or fuel load,rendering me fairly useless with 40lts of gasoline onboard.
    I assume it's me, given i was 2 and a half seconds off my pace, while everyone else was hitting the expected times.

This has happened after i bought some car pack, but i have no idea if it's correlated in any way: file checking didn't return any issue, the other intermediate classes all work as intended.

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You may be better served joining the rF2 discord to check things out, eg it was noted some 7 hours before your post here that the practice servers for beginner events were not working. Link => https://discord.gg/rfactor2

L313 likes this.
  7. L313

L313 Registered

Ohhh, you star. So many thanks!

Goanna likes this.