CUT BUG

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dennis Zetak, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Dennis Zetak

Dennis Zetak Registered

Hello,
    now i were participate in one of race control event, it was BMW M2 cup on Portland at 20:00 CET. I started second and after some contact in first chicane (battle for 2nd) shows to me a track limit with yellow colour. Then it cames to orange and after 2 laps i had it in red colour. My every single lap didnt count and after crossing start/finish line i got SG penalty and I dropped from 2nd. to 17 or 18th i think. I was 1,8s behind Jernej. Have you some experience with that or am I first? I just want to have my safety rating and driver rating back. Thank you

Race control
    Track: Portland
    Car: BMW M2 cup
    Time: 20:00 CET
    Split: #1
    Tracelog: https://we.tl/t-DrVpAT2u35

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a replay or something, I don't really understand what you mean.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Since this IS a beta, I'm willing to bet the ratings will get reset whenever this thing goes final. I too ran the M2's at Portland tonight.(1st race on the system) Started 10th, finished 11th. Spent the last 8 or so laps battling the same guy who did better in the middle of the lap and that was enough to hold me off repeatedly. Good fun, thanks for the system S397.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Been asked on discord and response was that they are not planning on resetting.

The_Bad_Fasterd and davehenrie like this.
  5. Dennis Zetak

Dennis Zetak Registered

Sorry I don’t have replay, just from a hot lap but you can not see anything in replay. That’s easy, in first lap I got that pop up window with cut or what’s that and I had it till end of the race and after crossing start finish line I got a SG penalty. My every lap didn’t count because of that cut window

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So basically, the 'cut' never finished - where normally you might slow down enough for it to go green and let you off, or you keep going fast enough that it slaps you with a penalty, it just stayed displaying orange/red and never finished/judged the cut. And I guess in that holding pattern it stopped counting laps properly as well.

Could be a very tough one to track down, if you have a trace file from that incident it may help.

below @Alex Sawczuk ... crap... *facepalm* so he did...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

He already attached the log. Thanks for the report we have had another report similar and it looks like an unintended side effect of another fix that has gone in during release candidate. We will take a look.

Goanna likes this.