Custom Signs for Virtual Mods on Tracks

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by machine, Mar 17, 2012.

1. machine

machine Registered

Ability for a track maker to assign custom signs to tracks. This would allow leagues to add their own logos to existing tracks by other modders via a Virtual Mod. Remember the track maker chooses which signs can be modded and where. He assigns customtracksign0.dds - customtracksign9.dds. This is the bit ISI would need to implement. The virtual modder then adds as many of these as they want to add, up to track assignment - thereby allowing custom track signage.

When looking at the track from the loading screen it would likely be the same, probably too difficult to make areas of the loading screen editable - too messy. But once on the track you would then see the custom logos of the virtual mod currently loaded. The modder may also have his own logo in some places also. He would be silly to make those ones editable. They would be normal fixed signage.

This would be a great carrot for track makers to work together making tracks rather than having different versions of the same track. Imagine the improvement in track quality. (we of course know some people just cannot work together) Then if they are part of a car modding team they use these tracks in their car mod of choice and add custom signage to suit.

2. machine

machine Registered

Bump, and added info

I understand there is a sponsor.mas file somewhere. If someone knows if it does as I was asking above, would be much appreciated.

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

It is the track makers choice to put in a separate mas for sponsors, Scott and Luc have chosen to do it for ease of changing them in the future, it's up to other track makers to follow the trend. However, you can change any texture in the track by making a custom mod for it.

4. machine

machine Registered

So I could make a custom mod for someone else's track and change a heap of their textures. I thought only the original mod maker had the ability to change textures in a custom mod.

I may have signs in the track advertising me as the track creator & someone else makes a vmod for the track and changes them to theirs?