Custom Championship tool for offlne AI races.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brett22, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Do we want a custom championship manager tool in rFactor2?

1. Yes, absolutely.

86.8%
  2. No, absolutely not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Couldn't care less

13.2%
  1. brett22

brett22 Registered

I believe a custom championship manager for offline and even online races would be an essential addition to this great title. I hope this is in development and if it isn't I hope we can gain support to petition Studio 397 too include this in a future UI update. Many other titles have this option and this is sadly missing in rf2. If this is not done, it is my hope that someone can come up with a third party tool like CTDP's championship manager was for rf1. I know there are ways of achieving offline championships in rf2 through things like log Analyzer and editing files, but both of these options are time consuming and complex causing the average user to give up and drive a different title instead. I’m not interested in people trying to simplify these options and try to explain how easy it is and how stupid I am, I’m hoping to gain support from other average users who would also like to see this function included sooner rather than later. I’m curious to know what everyone including the developers think.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Camav, ilgrillo, Louis and 1 other person like this.
  2. loamy

loamy Registered

+1 to your comment from an average user haha. I greatly enjoy offline custom championships and have created my own version of WEC with mods for spa, le mans, fuji, daytona rc, and silverstone. To complete my campaign, I have purchased sebring and the endurance pack cars. Log analyzer suffices but it would be such a nice thing to have a content management UI for car skins and ai adjustments.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

It is my understanding that the new UI will allow for championship functionality

Louis and brett22 like this.
  4. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

I got tired of waiting and moved on to Assetto Corsa.
    It's all there waiting.

ECAR_Tracks and brett22 like this.
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If "games" are your top priority you have also F1 series and PC2 or Forza, have fun!

brett22 likes this.
  6. brett22

brett22 Registered

Well said my friend, I bought AC on steam and requested and recieved my refund. I'm currently doing my online stuff with Raceroom and my offline championships in AMS, but would much rather do both on RF2. I still haven't got my head around rf2 online as all the races seem to be full of AI, whats going on there? I'm going off topic we need a championship tool.

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I LOL'ed at this part :D
    90% of my time in rF2 is spent running offline championships that I keep track of manually in Excel.
    Not interested in current alternatives either (Log Analyzer), nor championship tools in other titles (AMS, AC, R3E) because rF2 is my sim of choice. This is a much needed tool for me.

I also remember reading somewhere that it will be part of the new UI, can only hope it's true and the UI releases before 2025.

brett22 and Louis like this.
  8. loamy

loamy Registered

Is your issue exporting to XML rather than CSV or just personal preference? There are different ways (python script) to parse that info which might save you some considerable time hand-jamming information into excel.

brett22 likes this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Just personal preference. Tbh I never spent enough time to learn how to do it in Log Analyzer and I've become good at doing it in Excel so it's all good, but an in-game tool would be much welcomed.

brett22 likes this.
  10. Louis

Louis Registered

images (110).jpg since 2012

qusimano, ECAR_Tracks and brett22 like this.
  11. brett22

brett22 Registered

This is my point exactly! Who wants to waste time exporting to XML or logging data or saving files with python script or updating excel sheets or laboriously entering info or opening BAT. files or importing MAS. files or editing UI data or doing something else with CSV or just generally carrying on like a condescending nerdy wanker. We just want to click a few in game tabs and get our pedal to the freakin' metal and go driving this thing. :rolleyes: And no I don't want to play an arcade game. I just want to drive a serious race sim and I believe rf2 is the best one currently available and I can't think of a single reason why in 2018 that a championship tool should not be included. It's like making a cup of coffee without coffee. :confused: Apologies if I sound frustrated. :oops:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  12. loamy

loamy Registered

You, kind Sir, should switch to decaf.

I 100% agree with you and being new to rfactor2, I imagine my short-term frustrations are nothing compared to folks who have long anticipated significant UI updates. I remain cautiously optimistic :)

brett22 likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think you worded the question/suggestion a bit wrong. From my perspective this should be a feature integrated in the new UI without the need to use 3rd party or custom tools. And I will never understand why ISI didn't went the step further to actually implement this with the pretty amazing AI in the game.

But such a tool/feature has my strong support and I understand your frustration. ;)

ECAR_Tracks, brett22 and Louis like this.
  14. brett22

brett22 Registered

Of course you you are right hitm4k3r, this tool should be included without the need for third party software. I guess I'm throwing out a plea to anyone to resolve this issue, whether it be someone in or outside of the development group. But of course the preferred option would be to have this tool implemented as an all inclusive UI update by Studio 397. I realize they have taken over an incomplete tittle from ISI and there are working hard to improve it on many levels, but I hope they can make this a priority.

Louis likes this.
  15. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Will this UI still be release someday? I don't hear nothing about it for a long long time...
    Is this still in development???

16. brett22

brett22 Registered

This is the response I got when I wrote to Studio 397 asking if there were any plans to include a championship manager so who knows?

Hi Brett,

I am unable to give you more info on plans other than has already been in the roadmap postings:
    https://www.studio-397.com/all-news/
    I've also forwarded your email (it helps to get outside opinions like yours occasionally). I'm primarily an offline racer as well.

All the best,

__________.