Curious... Questions About Spotter Function

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lopsided, Jul 19, 2013.

1. lopsided

lopsided Registered

While testing some new cars & tracks for an upcoming series I drove the Maserati (1.8) around Pukekohe and for the very first time ever the spotter began saying things like "on the inside", "on the outside", "clear", "three wide".
    It was a nice surprise, I thought his only function was to call out my lap times as that is all I ever hear.

So then I jump in the BT20 and take a spin around Essington and once again, lap times only.

Apart from small tweaks to the plr file I rarely "peek behind the curtain". :)
    So I'm wondering... is the spotter connected to the track, the car or the core game? If the core, then I'm not sure why it functions this way on one car/track combo and not on others.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Gosh yes I heard this once & it's very useful (I thought it was a dream when I remembered it lol)

It's a function that's needed & useful, it also helps to reduce accidents in multiplayer

Looking forward to when the dev's sort the sound/spotter

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

The only time i have ever heard the spotter say anything was while driving in dev mode :( Does anyone know how to get it to work in the actual game?

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

In recent builds I have been hearing the lap times better but I have never heard anything else.

5. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Well so far that is the only combo (Maserati/Pukekohe) that I have heard it on. But, I rarely ever race offline so there certainly may be others. Only heard it during race mode of course, not practice.

6. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

You can hear it also in the race session with the Clio in Monaco2012 (v1.0).

7. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Happened on another one:

Formula ISI @ 2013 Melbourne GP_beta_v0.01