cummunity servers with controller

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by tan, Mar 17, 2024.

Tags:
  1. tan

tan Registered

Hi all -
    So i use a controller - dont hate me ok - when i go to the daily racing servers, everything works fine (other than my lack of talent), but every time i go into a community server, with any track car combo i have tried so far, i have so little steering lock i cant even get out a garage without hitting pit wall.
    Im guessing its some kind of server setting as the S397 servers seem fine.
    Anything i can do about it? other than buy a wheel

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Buy a wheel, you don't know what you're missing :D

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's a strange one. I'd guess maybe they have steering help disabled and that's affecting you, but I couldn't say for sure that's going to affect full lock coming out of the pits. Of course being an elitist wheel user I've never tried steering help to know ;)

4. Michael Velasquez

Michael Velasquez Registered

hey man! not sure if you're still racing in rF2 but they added some features for controller which should help improve your experience by a lot. I'd say it's now probably the most-controller sim out there. have a go at mine and see what you think. should allow you to drive much better without the assists.

Attached Files:

DanRZ likes this.
  5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

The best simracing for controllers is iRacing, i think, you even get rumbling effects ...

Try to use some additional software like x360ce that modifies the way it works and can help passing hairpins for example. It also helps on center dead zone which is often not proposed inside games.

It can "exagerate" the movement quickly if you do a fast move on stick.

By default, it's static and linear, it needs some boost often linked to speed of the car by the way.

Search for X360ce : https://www.x360ce.com/

It's almost like the software they have on their DD wheel to modifiy some behaviours, but just adapted to console controllers.

I played iRacing with that and it was really useful (Using a XBox pad).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  6. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Those settings are so different from mine! You really use them?
    I have an Xbox type controller, and these settings work for me (although not perfect).
    I'll try yours out when I get a chance.

7. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Steering rate. 47%
    Return rate multiplier. 55%
    Snap factor. 30%
    Filter type. Modern
    Steering aggression. 45%
    Speed sensitivity. 74%
    Exaggerate yaw. 0.0%
    Look ahead. 0.0%
    Head physics. 0%
    Head vibration. Off

8. Michael Velasquez

Hey man! I've just started recently as well and boy, is the competition fun! loving the MX5s especially.

I might check that software out. I'm usually one who keeps the filters low (until rF2 dropped their new controller stuff), but I've recently been starting to be open-minded to these things. I love the steering out of the box, using an Logitech F310 which I believe has more joystick range than an Xbox controller. Thanks for sharing this as well but ehhhhhh, I still prefer rF2.

DanRZ likes this.
  9. Michael Velasquez

yeah! I use the F310 which has more joystick range which means I can be more accurate with the joystick than an xbox controller (at least the one I tried way back). this allows me to use less filters and have more responsive inputs.

not sure if i can drop links here but i have a YT channel 'gamepadlad' and you can watch my onboards on my previous live videos if you need reference. if you got, i'd be interested as well in your onboards and how the steering looks.

10. Jubes

Jubes Registered

This is an onboard of the PM-18 at Donnington.
    The settings are slightly different to what I've quoted above, but not much!