CTD online

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Luiz De Boni, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Having CTD and that message "rF2 stopped working, etcetc..." in SOME league races...
    In other game works perfectly.

No problems with Sparks (15 drivers online), but problems with the Vettes (16 drivers online)
    Max MP 90 in multuplayer ini.

Once the game crashes I keep getting this message: I am able to rejoin the server but as soon as all opponents are loaded game crashes again...and again...and again...

2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Luiz do you use fazebox plugin trackmap 0.94? If so I have had to crtl space to turn off before entering server.

First noticed it in this build. For me I turn off the plugin before I leave each time. Should not have to I know but at least I can get back into the server if I get a CTD.

Cause of CTD in the first place no idea.

3. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

No plugins at all, mate...weird is that once it crashes, it will never allow me to join again THE SERVER that I was logged in...
    But I do can join other ones...could it be related to "our" server, instead of a game issue???

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Running out of memory with specific number? Try reducing texture setting or number of visible opponents, perhaps, and see if you still get it.

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

So I got my new rig (specs updated...), but still having the same old problem: "rFactor stopped working...etc...etc..

What do I do now? Can I stop crying???

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Tim asked a question, it was not a statement :)

Correct me if i'm wrong but getting a new system just raises the bar to a new (stress) level. For my pc max-settings only go that far because of my limitations, and with max settings I might get problems related to my rig.
    Your max settings might produce the same issues but on another level, but also related to your rig.

You would get the better graphics, more fps, smoother framerates, but when in trouble you probably need to tweak rf2 just as anyone else. you're either still pushing it too much or need to find out what is causing the specific issue. (and that could be just about anything from my experience)

And Tim's suggestion seems valid, I've found that visible vehicles combined with shadow settings can be a real killer (or a good fix when reducing to some level)
    If you would for example get a new rig and think you can now have max shadows and 50 visible vehicles.....its 50x max shadows, that's allot.

7. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

@Denstjiro, my In Game settings for the new rig:

FPS: capped at 60 (in player .ini)
    MAX Vehicules: 8
    No Driving Wheel at cockpit.
    Track Detail: HIGH
    All other details: LOW
    No Shadows, no Sun Occlusion, no Nothing, except RAIN DROPS ON.

My rig has 3 extra coolers besides the 2 in the GTX650 and the one in the processor. I also have 2 external fans blowing fresh external air into it...the rig is as cold as an ice cream, PSU never gets hot.

I will try to tweak some settings in nVidea's control pannel, although I'm not sure what to do, I mean, anisotropic/antaliasing etc...but I'll try anyway...

I'm not the only one having this issue...and it is still sad that these malfunctions are oftenly pointed as being costumer's/user's fault..My settings above PLUS the new rig should not cause any stress in the system.
    This game is fantastic but it is still full of bugs...I thunk we'll have to live with it, forever...

8. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Anyway, and to be honest, I think i should test more with other mods/tracks, ISI and non-ISI.
    For the record, yesterday's issue was on Portugal GP, 15 drivers, URD mod...

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ok so vehicles and shadows aint it. but something is it. no way my system is able to outperform yours in smoothness and lack of issues.

But maybe the difference is I have spend hours trying to get it right. with several builds. imo its about finding what your system is protesting to with regards to rf2.
    For xample for me vsync and 60caps worked great in 494, in 590 I found it was the other way around. no vsync and no caps. runs pretty smooth again after 590 stuttering and other issues.

If you are not sure what certain things do check the wiki, there are some good links to related threads.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17996-rF2-Performance-tips-and-tweaks-randomized

Its a pain yes. But it is part of pc gaming and maybe even part of small development teams.

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Indeed my friend, it's a pain...in fact it's more sad than pain being unable to finish a race and having the SAME tech issue after spending US$ 800 in an upgrade...not about the money itself, but EXACTLY about what you've said above: somethings work in one build for some and somethings don't and vice-versa...
    THIS is what I am complaining at: every build has DIFERENT tricks to be done to have the game PLAYABLE!
    Every build is "unstable" since 382...for many...You think you're good at one build than a next one is released and you simply can't play the sim anymore, and that's NOT your fault!!! THIS is a pain....
    But thanks for the link! I'll have a look, tweak more stuff in nVidea and see how it goes...:)

11. MJP

MJP Registered

I don't have the URD mod but I believe it's quite demanding on the system. I saw someone posting that at FULL texture details (1080p) he could run 17 Civics at Nords but only 10 URD cars! Considering how demanding the Civics are compared to other ISI cars (remember how the majority were unaware of the 4GB problem until they were released albeit aided at the time by an unoptimised Silverstone) then that makes the URD cars look very demanding if he is to be believed.

Some cars (and tracks) are more demanding on the system than others, in your OP you state you ran 15 Sparks ok but had trouble with a similar number of Vettes. I don't know what track(s) this was at but the Vettes are more demanding than the Sparks and you only have a GTX650 so you can't get too ambitious. Just out of interest is it a 1 or 2GB version, you might find dropping screen resolution will help of course it won't look as good though.

12. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

The 2GB, MJP...but I don't think a mod could be THAT demanding to my card...yes it's only a 650 but many folks I know have it and have no issue...and I was having absolutely no issue with rF2 till B382...races with up to 20 drivers with the same Vettes...