SOLVED CTD as soon as track is loaded

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Cookiezfort, May 24, 2018.

1. Cookiezfort

Cookiezfort Registered

I'm using the GP3 Series mod and the blackwood for DX11 track.

The game loads fine, but then when it shows me on the pit, it immediately crashes to desktop with no error showing up or anything.

I've had to use a crappy GPU (can still run games like Planetside 2 at 30fps which is playable, and I assumed if I turned down my resolution enough in RF2 i'd get a minimum of 60).

my CPU is an I5 4690K, with onboard graphics (which is even weaker), the game loads fine but the display is all messed up, so I can't really use it.

is there any cfg settings that might be able to be changed to make the game not crash?

2. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Does it happen on other mods? Official content?

3. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Registered

I am not sure what previous activity may have caused a problem but I have the exact problem as cookiezfort, as of yesterday (05 23 2018). Yesterday it would load to the track and then crash. Today it seems to load a track but never opens though the bar shows it is finished. Effects everything so it is now unplayable.

Thanks

4. Cookiezfort

Cookiezfort Registered

I just tried the Brabham car and Sao Paulo and it still crashes.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

How is the name of crappy GPU?
    Maybe its a tad too crappy (not enough VRAM).

6. Cookiezfort

Cookiezfort Registered

GT 630, with 2 Gigabytes of GDDR3 according to GPU-Z. I am guessing it might just be too slow.

7. Cookiezfort

Cookiezfort Registered

With integrated graphics it doesn't crash, but the graphics are all glitched up. I assumed a dedicated (Albeit crap) GPU would work

8. Michael LaBelle

Things are getting unusual. I had the program reload and a 1960's F1 car at Monaco came up neither one I have run lately. All worked. Drove a lap and quite ran a F3 at Nordschleife all ok and then quite right out of rFactor2 to see if there are any problems with what appears to be a fix.

When I try to run the rF2 program I got an installation error message and went to Steam for help. I seems Steam thinks my program is running so I guess I will reboot and see if that helps??

Thanks

9. Michael LaBelle

Maybe it was the magic of Disney's pixie dust or some such thing but after a reboot and Steam update all is running as well as can be expected I guess. :cool:

Cheers and

Thanks

10. Cookiezfort

Cookiezfort Registered

I verified game cache through steam aswell.

I then launched the game onto the track with no extra AI, then started adding AI after I loaded in and there didn't seem to be an issue. I guess if it has to load multiple textures at the same time it crashes, or there was an error with the game files.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah, noticed that in very early rF2-days and it doesn´t seem to have changed:
    There´s a significant difference if you load cars when you are on track versus loading track with AI pre-selected.

However, I don´t think you will have much fun with a GT630 in rF2.....

12. Cookiezfort

Cookiezfort Registered

I can get 60 fps steady, should be more than Ok. if I can't race then I won't! Plus i'm fine with having a low resolution to get more fps!