CSW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I'm also having Sen=OFF + "Vehicle set", it's a safe thing to be sure it will be set by the game.
    To have less rattling try maybe raising the number of FFB Smoothing in the game, for some cars I've used 0 smoothing, for others it was too much rattling so I raised it a bit. Second option to reduce rattling would be try reducing the "Sho" setting on the wheel, it will reduce the strength of the shock/vibration motors.

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I turned it off and OMFG the ffb feels so much better. The wheel is self-aligning better (because the centering forces from the game physics are not being affected by the dampening setting) and i can catch and control slides with better precision now.

3. williang83

williang83 Registered

did you turn it off both on the wheel and on the driver software?

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

i dont have a dampening strength setting on my CSR-E

edit: Correction, i do but it only works for consoles. So i effectively have zero dampening on both the wheel and game controller.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Well, this is bad than, I also thought that Damper settings on the wheel overrides/regulates the driver setting, it will make sense if that worked that way. Now for each game I will need to change dampening setting in the driver. Assetto Corsa's game dampening won't work if in CSW driver is set to "0". But I'm also sure that in AC I could change it's strength with wheel setting.

I had 0.10 dampening in game, 100% on the wheel and 100% in driver. It would logically mean that I had 10% dampening in the game. And I also felt dampening in game going weaker as I lower the wheel value and got stronger when I pushed it to 400 on the wheel.

I will do some more test today, till now I had driver setting at 100% and on the wheel "OFF", but maybe on the wheel must be set to "0" to have zero dampening. Like 0 x 100% = 0, instead of turning it OFF, maybe that means that Dpr overrider on the wheel is turned off so it will just use driver settings?

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Perhaps it's already been mentioned but can i ask why you would want any amount of dampening at all?

Are you finding unintentional oscillations?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  7. williang83

williang83 Registered

That makes a lot of sense.

8. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I don't have oscillations, I use small amount of dampening to fill the empty FFB "hole" when the wheel is centered, when it seems very loose like it's dead. Just a small amount to add some friction, it goes to personal feeling. On the other side, too much dampening is not good.

And it also depends from game to game, in most occasions I don't use dampening at all.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

oh ok, oddly enough the experience is the complete opposite for me (in rf2). i don't have any deadzone now that i put dampening to 0.

10. coops

coops Banned

same here, but i have always used 0.