CSL Elite cant be detected and VR wont launch

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Paul47, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Paul47

Paul47 Registered

Hi, Noob question... but 4 hours of searching forums and files and im still stuck. I have 2 issues- show stoppers both.
    1: Have a fanatec CSL elite and it simply wont be recognised nor even be able to detected - any threads you can point me at to fix? I try various listed wheels which recognise throttle, shift etc- but no wheel .
    2: Where on earth do you enable VR ? there is nowhere in game setting nor in the config ini file I can see? hm.. not very intuitive this ...
    As I said, ive searched for 4 hours on both and about to give up - so any assistance greatly appreciated.
    ps- all equipment HW & SW working just fine.. in iracing ...
    cheers

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Launch the game from the Steam Library and select the graphics configuration option

3. Paul47

Paul47 Registered

Excellent thank you .

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

5. Paul47

Paul47 Registered

Thank you- VR is operational- awesome - really appreciate the direction to solution.

my CS Elite whee base refuses to be recognized - its detected but greyed out. When following forum guides to select csw - I can assign throttle brake and clutch, and any buttons on wheel - but no steering ! I’ve reinstalled the whole game twice, reinstalled the fanatec drivers and loaded fanalab- deleted Json files etc ... I must be missing something basic here ? Any thoughts ?

lagg likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When assigning steering, turn the wheel all the way. Need to go at least halfway to full lock.

7. Paul47

Paul47 Registered

Bingo! Fixed - Needed to go full hard lock in the steering assignment panel first before it recognized the wheel. Cheers mate !